Location of Khoy County in West Azerbaijan Province.
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Khoy County (Persian: شهرستان خوی) is a county in West Azerbaijan Province in Iran. At the 2006 census, the county's population (including those portions later split off to form Chaypareh County was 365,573, in 85,550 families; excluding those portions, the population was 323,348, in 75,464 families. The capital of the county is Khoy.
The four districts (بخش) of Khoy County are:
- Central District (Markazi): administrative seat Khoy; dehdars: Dizaj, Rehal, Firuraq, Kuyruk, Karasu (Qeresü), and Gövheran
- Safayyeh District: dehdars: Elent and Sekmenabad
- Ivughli District: administrative seat Ivughli; dehdars: Ivughli, Vishlaq and Velidiyan
- Qatur District: administrative seat Qatur; dehdars: Kotur and Zeri
The cities and major towns in Khoy County are:
- Khoy, population 163,838 (2006)
- Firuraq (Firüreg, Firuk, Phairas Pira), population 8,850 (2006)
- Dizaj Diz
- Ivughli (Evoghli), population 3,649 (2006)
- اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران [Atlas Gitashenasi Ostanhai Iran] (Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran)
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)" (Excel). Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original on 2011-11-11.
- (Persian) Website of "Statistical Center of Iran". Note that the census in 2006 was in 1385 on the Islamic calendar.
|This Khoy County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|