|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2007)|
|Motto||Open standards for graphics, media and parallel computation|
|Purpose||Creating open standards to enable the authoring and acceleration of graphics, rich media and parallel computation on a wide variety of platforms and devices|
|Headquarters||Beaverton, Oregon, USA|
The Khronos Group is an American not-for-profit member-funded industry consortium based in Beaverton, Oregon, focused on the creation of open standard, royalty-free application programming interfaces (APIs) for authoring and accelerated playback of dynamic media on a wide variety of platforms and devices. Khronos members may contribute to the development of Khronos API specifications, vote at various stages before public deployment, and accelerate delivery of their platforms and applications through early access to specification drafts and conformance tests.
The Khronos Group was founded in 2000 by companies including ATI Technologies, Discreet, Evans & Sutherland, Intel Corporation, NVIDIA, Silicon Graphics (SGI), and Sun Microsystems. It now has roughly 100 member companies, over 30 adopters, and 24 conforming members. Its president is Neil Trevett.
- OpenGL, a cross-platform computer graphics API
- OpenCL, a cross-platform computation API.
- COLLADA, a file-format intended to facilitate interchange of 3D assets.
- OpenGL SC, a safety critical profile of OpenGL ES designed to meet the needs of the safety-critical market
- OpenKODE, an API for providing abstracted, portable access to operating system resources such as file systems, networks and math libraries
- OpenGL ES, a derivative of OpenGL for use on mobile and embedded systems, such as cell phones, portable gaming devices, and more
- OpenVG, an API for accelerating processing of 2D vector graphics .
- OpenMAX, a layered set of three programming interfaces of various abstraction levels, providing access to multimedia functionality
- OpenSL ES, an audio API tuned for embedded systems, standardizing access to features such as 3D positional audio and MIDI playback
- EGL, an interface between Khronos rendering APIs such as OpenGL ES or OpenVG and the underlying native platform window system 
- OpenWF, APIs for 2D graphics composition and display control
- OpenML, an API for capturing, transporting, processing, displaying, and synchronizing digital media
- StreamInput, an API for consistently handling input devices.
- OpenVX, Hardware acceleration API for Computer Vision applications and libraries
In 2006, the OpenGL ARB Working Group members included:
- Apple Inc.
- ARM Holdings
- Creative Labs
- id Software
- Intel Corporation
- Oracle/Sun Microsystems
- Samsung Electronics
- Sony Computer Entertainment
- Texas Instruments
- OpenGL ARB to pass control of OpenGL specification to Khronos Group, Khronos press release
- OpenGL ARB to Pass Control of OpenGL Specification to Khronos Group, AccessMyLibrary Archive
- Khronos Group Conformant members
- Khronos launches heterogeneous computing initiative, Khronos press release, 2008-06-16
- EGL Overview, Khronos website, 2009-10-15