|Alhaj Khursheed Ahmad
الحاج خورشید احمد
|Birth name||khursheed ahmad|
|Also known as||Khursheed Ahmad|
|Born||January 1, 1956
Rahim Yar Khan
|Origin||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Genres||Naats and Hamds|
|Associated acts||live performer and writer|
Alhaj Khursheed Ahmad or Khurshid Ahmad(Urdu: الحاج خورشید احمد ) was a Naat Khawan from Pakistan. He started to recite Naat Khawani when he was only few years old, until his death recited thousands of Naats. He used to proficiently recite Naats not only in Urdu, but also in other languages such as Bengali. The melody of his voice and the unique way of reciting attracted numerous people towards him and soon he become a famous Naat Khawan in the World.
Al-Haaj Khursheed Ahmed was born on January 1, 1956 in Rahim Yar Khan. He acquired his basic schooling from Abbasi Primary School and passed Matriculation examination from Colony High School. Then he did Diploma in Commerce from Govt. Commercial Institute. He is sired by a son named Hassan Bin Kursheed.
Career in Naat Khawani
Mr. Mehndi Zaheer introduced him to Radio as Naat Khuwan and he started reciting Naats there. In 1978, PTV held a Naat competition for the first time and he secured First position there too. At first the competition held at Sindh level and then at Pakistan level, He stood First position in both the competitions simultaneously.
The Naat “Yeh Sab Tumhara Karam Hai Aaqa” was liked very much not only in Pakistan but also all over the World. After reciting this Naat, Allah bestowed him with so much respect that people started endearing and loving him. Then the process went on and he recited Naats not only in Pakistan but also almost in every Country wherever Muslims live. By the grace of Almighty Allah, he earned such unique and sublime stature that no one could ever have achieved in the History of Pakistan. The following are some worthy to be mentioned achievements:
- He was the first Naat Khwan to receive first position in the very first Naat Khawani Contest organized on TV.
- He was the first Naat Khwan to recite Naats throughout the world USA, Japan, Switzerland, Yemen and France, etc.
- He was honoured with the Nigar Award, a prominent Film Award of Pakistan, for his outstanding Naat reciting skills.
- He was the only Naat Khwan who was given employment due to his Naat Khwani skills in a leading bank.
- He was also awarded Pakistan's Highiest Civil Award i.e. Pride of Performance Award from Government of Pakistan.
Ahmed died in 2007 due to an illness, later revealed to be a brain hemorrhage. He was admitted in hospital a week prior to his death. He at first slipped into a coma entailing his death. His funeral was attended by many renowned Naat Khawans of Pakistan and media personalities. Qari Waheed Zafar Qasmi, Siddique Ismail, Dr. Amir Liaquat Hussain are a few to be named.
- Khursheed Ahmad
- Interview with Alhaj Khursheed Ahmed