|Birth name||Joel Burleson|
|Also known as||Ki:Theory|
|Origin||Richmond, Virginia, United States of America|
|Website||Ki:Theory's Official Website|
Joel Burleson, better known as Ki:Theory (pronounced “Key Theory”) is an American recording artist and producer who specializes in alternative rock with electronic elements.
Burleson has toured widely in Canada, Japan, Korea, and the US, including a performance at Bonnaroo Music Festival. He has done remixes for Daft Punk/Tron: Legacy, Kings of Leon, Queens of the Stone Age, Ladytron, Odesza, Cypress Hill, Rob Zombie, Sasha, UNKLE, Rodrigo y Gabriela with Hans Zimmer and Brazilian Girls, amongst others.
Ki:Theory's remix for Daft Punk's "The Son Of Flynn" for Tron: Legacy was featured on the official remix album, Tron: Legacy Reconfigured.  Also, his remix for Rodrigo Y Gabriela's "Angelica" was included on the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
His original music has been featured on various television programs, including The Following, Top Gear, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, First Ascent for the National Geographic International Channel, National Geographic Wild's 2011 TV series Killer Shots and MTV's Teen Mom 2.
His songs have appeared in commercials for Converse, Billabong, Gap and Audi, the video game trailer Electronic Arts game FIFA 14, for film trailer for Abduction starring Taylor Lautner and Sigourney Weaver directed by John Singleton (Boyz n the Hood) as well as in numerous films and videos games including EA's Need for Speed: Shift and WINtA.
In April 2011 Ki:Theory released the EP Messages: Syntax / Error, as a collection of previously unreleased songs written as part of film scores, TV commercials and creative expressions.
On November 30, 2011 Ki:Theory released the single I Wanna Run featuring Maura Davis of the band Denali.
On February 3rd, 2014, Ki:Theory's cover of Ben E. King's "Stand by Me" off the KITTY HAWK album was used in FOX's The Following in episode 3 of season 2 as well as the 2014 Super Bowl TV spot also for The Following. The song has since been used in a trailer for the film Brick Mansions, The CW network TV series Star-crossed, as well as TV spots for Bates Motel, Dallas (2012 TV series), and most recently the Netflix original show Marco Polo (TV series).
In January of 2015, Ki:Theory released his latest single, "The Way It Was".
- The Record Sessions EP (2005)
- Brittle Branches EP (October 2006)
- Save Our City (acoustic) EP (May 2008)
- Arms For Legs EP (May 2009)
- Remix EP 1 (September 2010)
- Remix EP 2 (November 2010)
- Messages: Syntax / Error (April 14, 2011)
- Killer Shots (Soundtrack) (August 9, 2011)
- KITTY HAWK (October 29, 2013)
- KITTY HAWK (Remixed and Extended) (April 8, 2014)
- Live Bootleg // Seattle E.M.P. (November 4, 2014)
- I Wanna Run (November 29, 2011)
- The Way It Was (January 20, 2015)
- Cedars – “This Century” (2007)
- Army of Me – “Going Through Changes” (2007)
- Butchers Of Sky Valley – “Drop, Cock & Roll” (2007)
- Blacksmoke (feat. Hugh Cornwell) – “Danger Global Warming” (2007)
- UNKLE – “Hold My Hand” (2007)
- Sasha – “Coma” (2007)
- Queens Of The Stone Age – “I’m Designer” (2007)
- Maps – "Lost My Soul" (2007)
- Computer Vs Banjo – “Give Up On Ghosts” (2008)
- Pictures And Sound – “100 Directions” (2008)
- Brazilian Girls – “Good Time” (2008)
- That 1 Guy – “Mustached” (2009)
- Ladytron – “Runaway” (2009)
- Kings of Leon – “Crawl” (2010)
- Kasabian – “Underdog” (2010)
- Mutemath – “BackFire” (2010)
- UNKLE featuring The Black Angels – “Natural Selection” (2010)
- Daft Punk/Tron Legacy – “The Son Of Flynn” (2011), Tron: Legacy Reconfigured
- Daft Punk/Tron Legacy – “Solar Sailer” (2011)
- Rodrigo y Gabriela with Hans Zimmer, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – “Angelica” (2011)
- Cypress Hill x Rusko - "Shots Go Off" (2012)
- Rob Zombie – “Foxy, Foxy” (2012), Mondo Sex Head EP
- Rob Zombie – “Pussy Liquor” (2012), Mondo Sex Head EP
- Odesza - "Home" (2013)
Use of music in video-games
- Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2009 Artist Line-Up
- Richmond.com Best of 2009 Music
- Review of Ki:Theory on Fred Perry Subculture
- Pitchfork Article on R3C0NF1GUR3D
- URB Article on R3C0NF1GUR3D
- Resident Advisor Article on R3C0NF1GUR3D
- Spinner.com Article
- KCRW Exclusive Blog
- Trailer on YouTube
- Abduction Trailer on MTV.com
- Review of Brittle Branches in On Tap Magazine
- Interview with Joel Burleson on VOX Artists
- Ki:Theory UNKLE Remix named MP3 of the Day by Spinner.com
- Ki:Theory Concert Review on Tiny Mix Tapes
- Ki:Theory UNKLE Remix named Daily Download by TheBeatSurrender.com
- Ki:Theory Concert Review in the Richmond Times-Dispatch