2012 Kia Cee'd (EU)
|Also called||Kia Pro_cee'd|
|Assembly||Žilina, Slovakia (Žilina Plant)
Kaliningrad, Russia (Avtotor)
Zaporizhia, Ukraine (AvtoZAZ)
|Class||Small family car|
|Body style||5-door hatchback
5-door station wagon
|Engine||1.4 L Gamma I4
1.6 L Gamma I4
2.0 L Beta I4
1.6 L CRDI U-Line I4
2.0 L CRDI D-Line I4
The Kia Cee'd is a front wheel drive small family car released in the European market by the Korean manufacturer Kia Motors in December 2006—superseding the Kia Spectra—and available as a five-door hatchback, three-door hatchback ("Pro_cee'd"), and five-door estate ("Cee'd SW") with a choice of up to four engines (two petrol and two diesel), three trim levels (1, 2 and 3 – previously S, GS, LS and SR) and either manual or automatic transmissions.
The Cee’d is Kia’s first European designed and built car. The company says that it’s a European car for European people and it won’t be on sale in other parts of the world. To mark the occasion, Kia took the initials of the European Economic Community, EEC or CEE in some places and added ED for European Design. Sensibly realising that CEEED was an ‘E’ too far, they replaced one of them with an apostrophe, thus giving us cee’d and always in lower case.
First generation (2006–2012) 
The Cee'd shares the same platform as the Hyundai i30, as does a redesigned version of the Cee'd, marketed elsewhere as the Kia Forte, which is not sold in Europe (except for Russia, where the Cee'd and the Forte are available together).
Second generation (2012–present) 
Making its worldwide premiere at the 2012 Geneva International Motor Show is the all-new second generation Cee'd (with the internal code EU) which is claimed to be more sophisticated, more efficient, more refined, better equipped and with a more engaging driving experience than the first generation. The second generation Cee'd is however significantly more expensive than the first generation and moves the Cee'd out of the "budget" market as noted by independent reviewers such as the Honest John. The new Cee'd is expected to build on the success of the original model.
The Kia Cee'd earned a Euro NCAP 5 star safety rating for adult occupants for the pre 2009 model. It is also fitted with six airbags (including curtain airbags) as standard even in countries like Ukraine where safety options were usually stripped in comparison with other countries.
- Adult Occupants score - 34
- Child Occupants score - 37
- Pedestrians score - 11
The Euro NCAP results also showed that the dashboard can become a threat to the driver and passenger's knees in the event of a front collision, despite having 6 airbags in the car and the Cee'd also scored the maximum available points for the side impact and pole tests.
According to German Kia site, as of January 2012, Kia Cee'd variants are representing 7th edition of these models. 
- Kia Pro_cee'd
- Kia Ex_cee'd
Kia's Ex_cee'd cabrio concept car premiered at the 77th Salon de l'Automobiles in 2007 Geneva. Based on the three-door Cee'd hatchback (Pro_cee'd), the Ex_cee'd shares the same platform, but features different exterior panels and an electric folding fabric roof.
- Kia Eco_cee'd
Kia revealed a concept of its Pro_cee'd line, with improved aerodynamics and mild hybrid engine tuning to their diesel engine, under the name "Eco_cee'd". The concept models were fitted with ISG (Idle Stop&Go) and regenerative braking.
- Hybrid version
Kia previewed a hybrid Cee'd concept at the 2008 Paris Auto Show, and operates an evaluation fleet of[clarification needed] in Europe — with the hybrid models featuring an electric motor, powered by a high-voltage battery mounted behind the rear seats.
On 27 June 2010, the Kia Cee'd was revealed as the new reasonably priced car for the "Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car" segment of the top-rated UK television programme, Top Gear, where presenter Jeremy Clarkson deliberately mispronounces the name as "see apostrophe dee" and describes it as "the only car with an apostrophe in its name." The version used had a kerb weight upwards of 1,263 kg, and was priced at GB£13,930.
Outside Europe 
The Cee'd is currently available only in European markets (as the Kia Forte, already sold outside Europe would then be in direct competition with the Cee'd) and in Iran and South Africa, where it was imported in August 2009.
- Auto Express - New Car Honours - Special Honour for seven year warranty
- Autocar - 'Idea of the Year' for Cee'd seven year warranty
- What Diesel Car? - Hatchback of the year
- Towcar awards 2007
- Camping Fritid (Danish Camping magazine, from DCU) - Camping car of the year 2007
- UK survey, Cee’d ranked in first place in the Driver Power’s Compact Family category to beat out Volkswagen, Toyota, Fiat and other notable competitors in the segment. Driver Power is Auto Express’s car owner reliability and satisfaction survey which presents the frank and honest views of drivers in the UK.
- Top Gear named it runner up in their car of the year award for 2009 (broadcast 3 January 2010). They then named it as their new "reasonably priced car" for series 15.
- German auto magazine ACE Lenkrad, Kia Cee'd surpassed the Toyota Auris and the Volkswagen Golf.
- German auto magazine Autobild, Cee'd was rated higher than the Toyota Auris, Citroen C4 and Honda Civic.
- Austria auto magazine Autotouring (2007.4), Cee'd was rated above Toyota Auris, Volkswagen Golf, Mazda 3.
- Danish auto magazine Motor, Kia Cee'd is the first car to ever earn the 6 out of 6 rating.
- Swedish magazine Vi Bilägare found in the yearly long-distance test (one year, 40 000 km) that Kia Cee´d had the highest second hand value among all cars the magazine had tested through the years.
- German car magazine AutoBild tested the Kia Cee'd during 100,000 km. Just a few flaws, ranked as high.
- France’s motoring publication L’Automobile Magazine, The Kia Cee’d won a 2009 quality/reliability survey in the compact-car category.
- "Группа компаний Автотор :: Автомобили KIA". Avtotor.ru. Retrieved 2010-10-13. (Russian)
- Оцінювання рівня спеціалізації продукції підприємства зат “ЗАЗ” (Ukrainian)
- Robin Marshall (2007-04-19). "Kia plants a Hungarian cee’d" (PDF). The Budapest Sun. Retrieved 2008-05-20.[dead link]
- "For safer cars | Kia Cee'd". Euro NCAP. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "JETZT ALS EDITION 7.".
- "2008 Kia ECO ceed". Zercustoms.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Kia Debuts Cee'd and Soul Hybrid Concepts in Paris". Worldcarfans. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Kia cee'd gasoline-electric hybrid | Kia-World blog :: Kia Owners Forums". Kia-world.net. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Car reviews | Kia cee'd hybrid | Kia sows hybrid cee'd | by Car Enthusiast". Carenthusiast.com. 2008-09-18. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "cee'd Technical Specification | Kia Motors UK". Kia.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Beissmann, Tim (2010-06-29). "Kia cee’d Top Gear’s new Reasonably Priced Car | Car Advice | Reviews". Car Advice. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "Ceed Awards | Kia Motors UK". Kia.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "24 HOUR NEWS CHANNEL ::::::::::::::::::::: YTN (와이티엔)". Newswire.ytn.co.kr. 2009-04-15. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Updated July.3,2007 11:24 KST (2007-07-03). "Digital Chosunilbo (English Edition) : Daily News in English About Korea". English.chosun.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.[dead link]
- 12:38 PM. "New award for Kia Cee'd in the Netherlands - Kia Forum". Kia-forums.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "auto touring". Autotouring.at. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Der cee'd ist garantiert solide(German)AUTO BILD 2009
- Kia Cee’d wins French reliability survey 2009-04-02. SAMAR
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kia Cee'd|
|Kia Motors, a division of Hyundai Kia Automotive Group, road car timeline, 1970s–present|
|Brisa II / K303||Avella||Rio||Rio||Rio|
|Pickup||Bongo||Wide Bongo||Bongo Frontier||Bongo|