|Elevation||3,870 ft (1,180 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Kiboga is a town in Central Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Kiboga District and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.
Kiboga is located approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi) northwest of Kampala, Uganda's largest city, on an all-weather tarmac highway linking Kampala to Hoima. This location lies approximately 95 kilometres (59 mi), by road, southeast of Hoima, the center of Uganda's petrochemical industry. The coordinates of Kiboga are:0°55'03.0"N, 31°45'36.0"E (Latitude:0.917500; Longitude:31.7600).
The population of Kiboga was estimated at approximately 12,000, during the 2002 national population census. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at about 16,600. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Kiboga at 17,400.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found in or near the town of Kiboga:
- The headquarters of Kiboga District Administration
- The offices of Kiboga Town Council
- Kiboga Central Market
- A branch of Centenary Bank
- A branch of Equity Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- Kiboga Hospital - A 120-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- The Kampala-Hoima Highway passes through the middle of town in a northwest to southeast direction.
- "Distance Between Kampala And Kiboga With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Hoima And Kiboga With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Location of Kiboga At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kiboga In 2002, 2010 & 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 May 2014.