Kibuli Secondary School
|Kibuli Secondary School|
|Kibuli, Kampala, Makindye Division
|Type||Public Middle School and High School (8–13)|
|Headteacher||Hajj Ibrahim Matovu|
|Number of students||1,567 (2014)|
|Athletics||Soccer, track, tennis, volleyball, basketball|
KSS is located on Kibuli Hill, in Makindye Division, is the south-central pat of the city of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of Kibuli Secondary School are:0°18'38.0"N, 32°35'51.0"E (Latitude:0.310556; Longitude:32.597500).
The school is affiliated with the Muslim faith, but admission is based on academic performance and is open to any interested student, regardless of religious beliefs. The schools has a reputation of being a leading academic center with a history of sporting achievements.
The following are some of the prominent people who have gone through the school:
- Prince Lukanga Khalifan Kakungulu - Son of Prince Badru Kakungulu, who donated his land so that the school could be constructed.
- Professor Hakim Sendagire - Physician, microbiologist, biochemist and academic administrator. Current Dean, Habib Medical School
- John Ssebaana Kizito - Former Mayor of Kampala
- Tim Lwanga - Former State Minister for Ethics and Integrity in the Cabinet of Uganda.
- Nabilah Naggayi Sempala - Member of Parliament Representing Kampala Women
- Isa Kikungwe - Member of Parliament, representing Kyaddondo South
- Kaddunabi Lubega - Member of Parliament. representing Butambala Constituency
- Sarah Kanyike Sebaggala - Former Speaker of the defunct Kampala City Council
- Umar Yahya - President Islamic Studies Society, Islamic University of Technology (Bangladesh)
- Bakshi Asuman - Executive Director, Chain Africa
- Abbey Kibirige Semuwemba - Founder of Ugandans At Heart
- Abbey Kirumirah - CEO of Biomedical Diagnostics Research
- Musa Muhamad Bukenya - Executive Chairman, Uganda American Muslim Association 2011-2012
- Ismail M. Settenda - ICT Consultant, Arusha, Tanzania (1991-1993)
- Najja Nasiif - Director, Nano Technologies Limited
- Ismail Matte Ismail - Microelectronics Engineer
- Eric Sengonzi Eric - Computer Engineer
- Brigadier Kasirye Gwanga - Presidential Advisor on Security Matters in Buganda.
- Moses Matovu, musician
- Brigadier Henry Tumukunde - Former Director, Internal Security Organization (ISO)
- Google, . "Location of Kibuli Secondary School At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Kiyonga, Ismael (11 May 2014). "Kibuli Secondary School Clinches 9th Copa Coca Cola Championship". Kawowo.Com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Nalubwama, Jackie (2 November 2006). "The Caning And Footballing Kibuli Secondary School". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Kibuli Secondary School: General Information
- Fire Guts Kibuli Secondary School Dormitory
- When Will New Katikkiro Visit Kibuli Mosque?