Kids Hope USA
|Tax ID No.||38-3624308|
|Key people||President David Staal|
|Area served||United States|
|Focus(es)||Education, mentorship, at-risk students|
|Motto||One Child, One Hour, One Church, One School|
Kids Hope USA is a national, non-profit organization which facilitates mentoring relationships with at-risk children through a church-school partnership. It has over 800 church-school partnerships in 33 states.
Kids Hope USA was founded in 1993. It launched a pilot program in three locations in Michigan in November 1995.For a more detailed history, go to: www.kidshopeusa.org
Separation of Church and State
There has been some debate and investigation over the legality of a faith-based organization working alongside publicly funded schools. Due to law regarding the separation of church and state, mentors are strictly prohibited from evangelizing to students or their parents. Parents are able to opt-in to allow their students to receive invitation to events or activities which are religious in nature.
- "Kids Hope USA History". Kids Hope USA. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Kids Hope Usa Inc - Zeeland, Michigan". FindTheBest. FindTheBest.com, Inc.
- "KHUSA 2011 Annual Report". Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- Report to the Ohio General Assembly From the Correctional Faith-Based Initiatives Task Force
- Making School-Church Partnerships Work
- Bringing Hope: Mentoring at-risk children
- Reaching Out
- Kids Hope USA on Facebook
|This article about a youth organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|