Kids in the Way
|Kids in the Way|
David Pelsue, lead singer
|Also known as||KITW|
|Origin||Noblesville, Indiana, United States|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Post-grunge, Christian rock|
|Years active||1997–2007, 2009–2012|
|Past members||Rian Flynn
Kids in the Way was an American Christian rock band formed in Noblesville, Indiana in 1997. They released three albums on Flicker Records before quietly disbanding in mid-2007. The band reunited in 2009, and in 2010 released an unnamed EP. Later, they announced plans for another new EP, but in 2012 guitarist Nathan Hughes indicated that this would not happen.
Kids in the Way was formed in 1997 by vocalist David Pelsue, guitarist Nathan Ehman, and the drummer Eric Carter. The band was previously known as Serenity and played a considerably lighter rock sound than when they were Kids in the Way. Kids in the Way released a self-titled EP which set them in place for further record releases and future shows with Audio Adrenaline which was important in their signing to Flicker Records. After releasing their debut album Safe from the Losing Fight, they were able to pick up spots touring with notable bands such as Fireflight, Pillar, and Relient K. Kids in the Way have recently reunited and started playing shows in and around their home state of Indiana. On January 12, 2010 they announced that they were working on an unnamed EP that they expected to release in March. In the US, it was released for a limited time on ITunes, and usually referred to as 'Lost Boy EP'. In 2011, they had announced the possibility of another EP, however, in 2012 guitarist Nathan Hughes revealed via Twitter that the new album was a "no-go", and that new music would be coming from a "different band".
- David "Dave" Pelsue – lead vocals
- Nathan Hughes – rhythm guitar, background vocals
- Eric Carter – drums, background vocals
- Wille Bostic – bass, background vocals
- Austin Cobb – lead guitar
- Rian Flynn – bass, background vocals (2004 – 2005)
- Nathan Ehman – guitars, background vocals (2002 – 2007)
|Date of Release||Title||Label||US Billboard Peak||US sales|
|2002||Kids in the Way (EP)||Independent||-||-|
|December 26, 2003||Safe from the Losing Fight||Flicker Records||-||-|
|May 10, 2005||Apparitions of Melody||Flicker Records||-||-|
|August 8, 2006||Apparitions of Melody: The Dead Letters Edition||Flicker Records||-||-|
|September 18, 2007||A Love Hate Masquerade||Flicker Records||-||-|
- "Kids in the Way Biography". Corey Apar. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- DiBiase, John (January 8, 2010). "Piecing Kids in the Way Back Together" (interview). Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- Nate Hughes (February 13, 2012). "@SoopGarcia I'd say for now...". Twitter.
- Nate Hughes (February 12, 2012). "@SoopGarcia nothin. Sorry...". Twitter.