|Full name||Kieran Liam McAnespie|
|Date of birth||11 September 1979|
|Place of birth||Gosport, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Playing position||Full back / Winger|
|Current club||Stirling Albion|
|–||Milngavie Boys Club|
|2001||→ Heart of Midlothian (loan)||5||(0)|
|2002||→ Bournemouth (loan)||7||(1)|
|2009||→ Dumbarton (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 February 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kieran Liam McAnespie (born 11 September 1979) is a Scottish footballer who is currently playing for Stirling Albion. Capable of playing in defence and midfield, McAnespie represented Scotland at under-21 level.
McAnespie graduated from the youth ranks at St Johnstone, making his first team début against Clydebank on 4 February 1997. He made one further appearance that season as Saints won promotion to the Premier Division. He scored on both occasions. He went on to make 50 league appearances for the Saints, notably scoring in wins against both Celtic and Rangers in the 1998–99 season.
In 1998, McAnespie was one of four younger players asked to accompany the Scottish national side to the 1998 FIFA World Cup to gain experience. He was already a member of the Scotland U21 side and Craig Brown's idea was designed to ease the transition of younger players into the full national side. McAnespie, however, would never gain a full international call-up.
McAnespie joined Fulham in 2000, for a reported fee of £80,000. Considered an investment for the future, he managed only two League Cup appearances during his three years with the London side. This period was punctuated by brief loan spells with Hearts and Bournemouth. He was released in early 2003 and turned out four times for Paul Sturrock's Plymouth Argyle at the end of the 2002–03 season before returning to Scotland with Falkirk.
Return to St. Johnstone and lower leagues
Having returned to Scottish football, McAnespie spent several short, injury-disrupted spells with lower division clubs. He left Falkirk in October 2004 to return to St. Johnstone, before joining Ayr United in January 2006. He rejected Ayr's offer to re-sign in the summer and instead joined Alloa Athletic.
In the summer of 2008, McAnespie went on trial with Wycombe Wanderers, where he scored against Flackwell Heath, but was unsuccessful in getting a move to the Chairboys, and remained with Morton for a further season. This included a loan spell at near neighbours Third Division side Dumbarton, until the end of the season. Sadly for McAnespie, he injured himself again after only one game for Dumbarton so spent most of his time at the Rock on the sidelines.
Return to senior football
- "Kieran McAnespie". Plymouth Argyle F.C. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "St Johnstone 2–1 Celtic". Soccerbase.
- "St Johnstone 3–1 Rangers". Soccerbase.
- "McAnespie joins up at Hearts". BBC Sport. 22 January 2001.
- "Alloa sell McAnespie to Morton". BBC Sport. 21 June 2007.
- "Triallist News". chairboys.ndirect.co.uk. 15 July 2008. Retrieved 2 October 2009.
- "McAnespie on way out". Greenock Telegraph. 3 January 2009. Retrieved 3 January 2009.
- "SONS SIGN MCANESPIE". dumbartonfootballclub.com. 3 January 2009. Retrieved 4 January 2009.
- "Irons: We don't want to finish with a whimper". Greenock Telegraph. 8 May 2009. Retrieved 9 May 2009.
- "Arbroath net Petrie, McAnespie, Falkingham and Shields". BBC Sport. 10 July 2010. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- "Stirling land McAnespie". ClubCall. 29 June 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Kieran McAnespie's career stats at Soccerbase
- Appearances at londonhearts.com
- Profile at honestpage.co.uk