Forbes playing for Forest Green Rovers in 2012/13.
|Full name||Kieron Emerson Forbes|
|Date of birth||17 August 1990|
|Place of birth||Wembley, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Forest Green Rovers|
|2010–||Forest Green Rovers||107||(5)|
|2014-||→ Whitehawk (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:34, 28 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
At the end of his scholarship the decision was made not to offer Forbes a professional contract, and he was released.
Upon his release from Watford, Forbes joined Isthmian Premier League club Wealdstone.
In December 2010 Forbes signed for Conference National side Forest Green Rovers after he spent time training with the club. As part of the deal to bring Forbes to The New Lawn there was a nominal transfer fee involved as well as a sell on clause in the players contract.
Forbes made his Forest Green debut coming off the bench in a 4-2 away win over Bath City on 28 December 2010. He then scored his first goal for Forest Green on 26 March 2011 in a 1-1 away draw against Cambridge United. Forbes agreed a new contract with Forest Green to stay with the club for the 2011-12 season. Following further impressive performances for Forest Green, in December 2011 Forbes agreed a contract extension keeping him at The New Lawn until the end of the 2012-13 season. A few months later, in June 2012, Forbes signed another contract extension to keep him at Forest Green until the end of the 2014-15 season.
In May 2013, he was awarded the England C Player of the Year award at the Non-League Paper's National Game Awards ceremony held at Fulham's Craven Cottage. He made his hundredth league appearance for Forest Green on 24 September 2013 against Tamworth.
In February 2012, Forbes received a call up to the England C team squad and made his England debut in a 1-1 draw with Italy. He then earned his second cap on 5 June 2012 in a 4-0 away defeat against the Russia under 21's national team at the Khimky Arena in Moscow. In August 2012, Forbes received a third call up to the England C squad for an International Challenge Trophy tie against Belgium. Forbes went on to earn his third cap with victory over Belgium. Forbes earned his fourth cap for the England C side on 5 February 2013 in a 1-0 defeat against Turkey in the semi-final of the International Challenge Trophy.
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- "Watford 3-0 Gillingham". watfordfc.com. 2007-08-14. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- "Hornets sign three". watfordfc.com. 2008-03-18. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- "In's and Out's at The New Lawn". www.forestgreenroversfc.com. 2010-12-29. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "Cambridge United 1-1 Forest Green Rovers - full time". thisisgloucestershire. 26 March 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- "Forest Green Rovers offer 11 players new deals". BBC Sport. 11 May 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "Jake Thomson and Keiron Forbes stay at Forest Green Rovers". BBC Sport. 22 December 2011.
- "Forest Green Rovers hand deals to Yan Klukowski and Kieron Forbes". BBC Sport. 12 June 2012.
- "Pat on the back from dad means the world to Forbes". Stroud News & Journal. 18 May 2013.
- "Forest Green 1-2 Tamworth". BBC Sport. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- "Whitehawk snap up two". The Argus. 28 February 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "England held by Italy". The Football Association. 28 February 2012.
- "Russia prove too much for C". The Football Association. 5 June 2012.
- "Three Lions Emerge From Forest Green". Football Conference. 29 August 2012.
- "Victory for Three Lions in Belgium". Football Conference. 13 September 2012.