|Born||4 August 2002|
Kieron Williamson (born 4 August 2002) is a watercolour artist from Holt, Norfolk in England. His paintings and ability by the age of six have caused considerable interest in the UK media and are notable for his advanced use of perspective and shading.
He has been described as a prodigy, and at his second exhibition in 2009, his paintings sold out in 14 minutes, raising a total of £18,200 for 16 paintings. A subsequent exhibition in Holt in July 2010 saw his paintings all sold within 30 minutes, at a total value of £150,000.
The following week, on Friday, 6 August 2010, Williamson revealed on the BBC Norfolk website some of his latest paintings that would be exhibited in 2011.
At the beginning of November 2010 the family revealed to the Eastern Daily Press that they might re-locate to Cornwall to further Kieron's painting, but in the event the family bought a new home at Ludham, east of Norwich in Kieron's name, with the proceeds of his art sales. In November 2011, a further 33 paintings were sold in 10 minutes for £100,000, including an impression of Istanbuls' Suleymaniye Mosque for £15,595. In July 2013 earnings from sales amounted to almost £2 million, when sales in successive weeks raised £242,000 for 23 paintings, and £210,000 for 12 paintings.
- ‘Mini Monet’: Boy of 8 sells paintings for $235,803, Today, 4 August 2010, retrieved 4 August 2010
- Pictured: Incredible watercolour paintings by boy aged just SIX, Daily Mail, July 30, 2009, retrieved January 26, 2010
- Kieron Williamson Prodigy Painter, Sandboxworld, July 31, 2009, retrieved January 26, 2010
- Barkham, Patrick (December 29, 2009), The boy who paints like an old master, The Guardian (London), retrieved January 26, 2010
- "Seven-year-old's paintings fetch £150,000 in Norfolk". BBC News. 30 July 2010. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "In pictures: Kieron Williamson reveals new paintings". BBC Norfolk. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Child art prodigy Kieron Williamson showed off his talent in front of a captivated audience yesterday as his parents revealed similar demonstrations will be increasingly rare in the future.". Eastern Daily Press. 1 November 2010. Retrieved 2 November 2010.
- "Nine year-old art prodigy Kieron Williamson nets £100,000 in 10 minutes". Daily Telegraph. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Kieron Williamson: 'Mini-Monet' boosts earnings to £2m". BBC News. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Buyers flock to snap up latest paintings by 10-year-old art prodigy Kieron Williamson". Eastern Daily Press - EDP24. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- Peter Stanford (4 August 2010). "Is Kieron Britain’s most exciting painter?". The Telegraph.
- David Keller (9 August 2010). "Kieron Williamson: Media circus surrounds 'Mini Monet'". BBC Norfolk.
|This biographical article about a painter from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|