|Elevation||3,740 ft (1,140 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
|Time zone||East Africa Time (UTC+3)|
Kihihi is located approximately 113 kilometres (70 mi), by road, northwest of Kabale, the largest city in the sub-region. Kihihi is located approximately 16 kilometres (10 mi), by road, northwest of Kanungu, where the district headquarters are located. The coordinates of Kihiihi are:0°44'56.0"S, 29°42'01.0"E (Latitude:-0.748889; Longitude:29.700278).
Kihihi is a small town in Kanungu District, approximately 30 kilometres (19 mi), by road, southeast of the International border with the Democratic Republic of the Congo at Ishasha. The straight distance is about 16 kilometres (10 mi), but due to the mountainous terrain, the roads are tortuous and winding. The town accommodates a large refugee camp administered by the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR). It also has one bank (Stanbic Bank), one ATM and several motels and lodges.
In 2002, the population census put the population of the town at 15,935. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of Kihiihi at approximately 18,800. In 2011, UBOS estimated the population at 19,200 people. In 2014, the national population census put the population of Kihiihi at 20,349.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found in Kihiihi, or close to its town limits:
- The offices and refugee camp of the UNHCR.
- The offices of Kihihi Town Council
- Kihihi Farmers Market
- A branch of Stanbic Bank.
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kabale And Kihihi With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Map Showing Kanungu And Kihiihi With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Google, . "Location of Kihiihi At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Map Showing Ishaka, Uganda And Kihihi With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Rabe, Rolf (18 May 2009). "Uganda by Bike 2008/2009: Trip Report - Kihihi". Bradtugandaupdate.wordpress.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- UBOS, . (2012). "Estimated Population of Kihiihi In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.