|Full name||Enrique Mateo Montoya|
|Date of birth||30 December 1979|
|Place of birth||Murcia, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|CF Lorca Deportiva|
|2003–2004||Lorca Deportiva CF||41||(6)|
|2015–||CF Lorca Deportiva|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Murcia, Mateo spent until the age of 25 in the third and fourth divisions, when he signed with SD Eibar in the summer of 2004. During the second level campaign he did not miss one single game, as the Basque nearly achieved an historical La Liga promotion, eventually finishing fourth; subsequently he played another two seasons in division two, with Hércules CF, also appearing and scoring regularly.
In 2007–08, Mateo proved instrumental for Sporting de Gijón, for whom he signed in July 2007 as a free agent, netting a squad-best 12 goals as the Asturias club returned to the top flight after a ten-year absence. He made his competition debut on 31 August 2008 in a 1–2 home loss against Getafe CF, and scored his first goal two rounds later, in a 1–7 demolition defeat at Real Madrid– as Sporting avoided relegation in the last matchday, his other goal of the season came against FC Barcelona (1–3 loss at the Camp Nou on 8 February 2009)– and he appeared in a total of 24 matches, 14 from the bench.
- Kike Mateo, nuevo jugador del Sporting (Kike Mateo, new Sporting player); Marca, 12 July 2007 (Spanish)
- Sporting Gijon 1–2 Getafe; ESPN Soccernet, 31 August 2008
- El Real Madrid derrocha en las rebajas (Real Madrid excels in sale); Marca, 24 September 2008 (Spanish)
- El Sporting aguanta el tipo pero no logra vencer (Sporting holds its own but does not win); El Comercio, 8 February 2009 (Spanish)
- Kike Mateo se despide: "No he rendido por la falta de oportunidades" (Kike Mateo says goodbye: "I did not produce due to lack of opportunities"); Marca, 20 May 2010 (Spanish)
- El Elche presenta a Kike Mateo y Héctor Verdés (Elche presents Kike Mateo and Héctor Verdés); Nostre Sport, 21 July 2010 (Spanish)