Kilis 7 Aralık University
|Kilis 7 Aralık University|
|Kilis 7 Aralık Üniversitesi|
|Motto||"For a Bright Future, Kilis 7 Aralık University" "Aydınlık Yarınlar İçin, Kilis 7 Aralık Üniversitesi"|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. İsmail GÜVENÇ|
|Colors||Turquoise Blue ‹See Tfm›‹See Tfm›|
|Affiliations||Erasmus+ Programme, The Magna Charta, Higher Education Council, TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey)|
- Kilis 7 Aralık University (Turkish: Kilis 7 Aralık Üniversitesi) is located in the southeastern city of Kilis, Turkey. The name of the university comes from the date when the city, Kilis was liberated from occupation during the Turkish War of Independence (December 7, 1921– Turkish: 7 Aralık 1921).
- 1 History
- 2 Basic Facts
- 3 Education Research and Practice Centers
- 4 Social Facilities
- 5 Student Clubs
- 6 Programs and Departments
- 6.1 Muallim Rıfat Faculty of Education
- 6.2 Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- 6.3 Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- 6.4 Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
- 6.5 Faculty of Theology
- 6.6 Faculty of Agriculture
- 6.7 Yusuf Şerefoğlu School of Health
- 6.8 College of Physical Education and Sports (BESYO)
- 6.9 Vocational School of Health
- 6.10 Kilis Vocational School
- 6.11 Institute of Science (Graduate School of Science)
- 6.12 Institute of Social Sciences (Graduate School of Social Sciences)
- 6.13 Institute of Health Sciences (Graduate School of Health Sciences)
- 7 Courses in English and Turkish
- 8 Grading System
- 9 Teaching and Learning Methods
- 10 Library
- 11 Information Technologies
- 12 Health Care at Kilis 7 Aralık University
- 13 Accommodation
- 14 Disability Support
- 15 Food & Drinks
- 16 Transportation
- 17 Estimates of Living Expenses in Kilis
- 18 Guide for International Students
- 19 Affiliations
- 20 Youtube Video
- 21 References
- 22 External links
- Kilis 7 Aralık University was founded on May 29, 2007 by Turkish government. Muallim Rıfat Education Faculty was founded in 1998 and Yusuf Şerefoğlu School of Health was founded in 1997. They were followed by Faculty of Arts and Sciences in 2003; Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Vocational School of Health, Graduate Schools of Science and Social Sciences in 2007, then Faculty of Engineering and Architecture in 2010, College of Physical Education and Sports (BESYO), and Faculty of Theology in 2012.
- Kilis 7 Aralık University serves more than 8000 undergraduate and graduate students from all around the world in six faculties, two vocational schools, and three institutes with 250 teaching staff in Karatas and Main Campus.
- Kilis 7 Aralık University has had the Erasmus University Charter since 2009. Accordingly, the ECTS was implemented for all faculties. The university's strategy focuses on extending and improving of cooperation with foreign partners. The University recognizes a continued close involvement in LLP as essential to underpin and further develop its European strategy in a dynamic way. The introduction of ECTS in undergraduate programs has facilitated accreditation and the goals under curriculum development have been achieved. The University now plans to consolidate its existing exchange programs, and to ensure that they meet the Quality Assurance Agency's guidelines on placements. The University actively encourages its students to participate in EU students exchange programs and tries to remove barriers.
- Because Kilis 7 Aralık University participates in Bologna process, the students get a diploma and diploma supplement (DS) that are valid throughout the world.
Education Research and Practice Centers
- Continuing Education Center (KÜSEM)
- Distance Education Center (KUZEM)
- Agricultural Research and Application Center (TUAM)
- Language Teaching Application and Research Center (DÖMER)
- Research Center for Middle Eastern Studies
- Application and Research Center for Computer Science
- - 2 Basketball Courts
- - Tennis Court
- - 2 Football Fields
- - Outdoor Sports Park
- - Fitness Saloon
- - Conference Halls
- - Cinema Hall
- - Theatre Hall
- - Kilis House
- - Music Room
- - Ebru (Turkish Water Painting, also known as Paper Marbling) Art Room
- - Exhibition Hall
- - Semi-Olympic Swimming Pool
- - Indoor Sports Facility
Student Clubs at Kilis 7 Aralık University
- Community Volunteers Club
- Culture, Arts and Literature Club
- Travel and Organizing Club
- Youth and the Red Crescent Club
- Photography Club
- Student Assistance and Solidarity Club
- Career Club
- Attraction Club
- Turkish Culture Club
- Health Club
- Fit Youth Club
- Textile Club
- Scientific and Technical Club
- Aviation Club
- Music Club
Programs and Departments
Programs in Faculties and Schools of Kilis 7 Aralık University
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Turkish Language and Literature
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Medical Documentation and Secretary
- Care of the Elderly
- Child Development
- Computer Programming
- Foreign Trade
- Gas and Installation Technology
- Construction Technology
- Business Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Machine Design
- Accounting and Taxation Applications
- Landscape and Ornamental Plants
- Textile Technology
- Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Construction Inspector Training
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Science Education
- Elementary School Religious Culture and Moral Knowledge Education
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Administration
- Business Administration
Courses in English and Turkish
Available courses in English and Turkish can be accessed at http://erasmus.kilis.edu.tr/sayfa/4410/academic-units-&-course-catalog
Students who complete 120 ECTS credits and have minimum 2.00 out of 4.00 grade point average (GPA) will have Associate's degree.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.)
Students who complete 240 ECTS credits and have minimum 2.00 out of 4.00 grade point average (GPA) will have Bachelor’s degree (B.A.).
The degree is awarded to students who have successfully completed all courses with a GPA of at least 3.00 out of 4.00, and prepared and defended a thesis.
ECTS System is used at Kilis 7 Aralık University.
Students who receive any of the grades CC or higher (CC, CB, BB, BA, and AA) are considered satisfactorily completed the course. Students who receive a grade of either DC or DD in one or more courses can only be considered successful if his/her Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is 2.00 or higher at the end of the semester. Student who receives FD or FF are considered unsuccessful. N/A means that the student never attended to courses and failed. Non-credit courses and applications (stage) are evaluated by S (satisfactory) and U (Unsatisfactory). The grades S and U are not considered while calculating CGPA. ECTS, European Credit Transfer System, was created by the European Commission in order to offer standard procedures for academic recognition of studies abroad. A student can obtain 30 ECTS credits for a semester and 60 ECTS credits for an entire academic year.
Teaching and Learning Methods
The Teaching methods used at Kilis 7 Aralık University vary with class size. The early years can be characterized by large groups. Almost all the modules require smaller laboratory size interactive groups. For Erasmus+ students, if there are not enough students registered for the courses, we usually use individual study.
The main library includes reading rooms and Internet access center equipped with scanners, copy-machines, and printers. The library offers:
- 40.000 books in Open Shelf System and various periodicals
- Database for research
- Book reading system for visually impaired people
- YORDAM Automation System for resource scan and access
- KITS: Inter-library book loan system
- Lounge with daily newspapers
University Library opening hours: 8:00 am to 20:00 pm.
The Communication and information Technologies Department provides computer facilities and information technologies for all staff and students. Each department has its own computer lab for students and all classrooms have wireless Internet access, a PC, and projector.
Health Care at Kilis 7 Aralık University
Center for Medico-Social Unit is on the ground floor of Sosyal-Kültürel Merkez building on main campus. In the unit, basic health services are provided for students such as Glucose and Blood pressure measurement. It also provides first aid services for all students at Kilis 7 Aralık University.
A 100-student dormitory for international students is available in Karatas campus. There are also private student dorms around the campus that provide affordable accommodation to students. Application form can be accessed at http://erasmus.kilis.edu.tr/sayfa/4402/incoming-students/accommodation
This unit at the campus supports handicapped students to minimize challenges encountered during their education and campus life and improve the environment around them. The lifts, ramps, toilets, sidewalks, and road at the campus are suitable for disabled students. The book reading system for visually impaired students is available at main library. The ring service is available for students physically disabled.More info: http://engelsiz.kilis.edu.tr/EN Disability and the Year Abroad: (http://www.thirdyearabroad.com/advice-and-tips/year-abroad-with-a-disability.html)
Food & Drinks
Student Dining Hall: There is an on-campus dining hall with a capacity of 1000 students at the university. Lunch and dinner, also including traditional Turkish food, are served daily.
Kilis House Social Facility: Breakfast and lunch are served in a renovated authentic Kilis House.
Cafeterias: Student cafeterias serve hot and cold drinks. They also offer various food options in every faculty.
There are intercity coaches in Kilis and Gaziantep to travel to any city in Turkey. Kilis bus station is in the city center and easily accessible by the students.
If you are traveling by Coach/Bus, you should take Özgür Dolmuş (Midi Bus) at Gaziantep Otogar (Central Station for Coaches) to go to Kilis. It costs 7 TL (€2).
The Distance from Kilis 7 Aralık University to the nearest Airport (Gaziantep) is 40 km.
Local public transportation consists of midi buses (Dolmus) operating from 6.00 am to 23.00 pm. The price of a ticket (bilet) is 1.25 TL for students (€ 0.40). Taxis you take in town are equipped with a meter. One kilometer by a taxi costs around 1.50 TL (€ 0.45).
Estimates of Living Expenses in Kilis
|University-Owned Dorm||Private Apartment 1+1/1+2|
|Gas/Electricity/Water||Included in Rent||€40-75|
|Internet||Included in Rent||€10-30|
|Total per Month||€180-330||€320-655|
* Based on the data in April 2014 €1 = 2,95 TL
Guide for International Students
- Tüm Uyeler. kunib.com
- Trip Advisor
- Population of Kilis
- All About Kilis
- Statistics about Kilis
- Southeastern Anatolia Project
- Why Kilis 7 Aralık University?
- Kilis 7 Aralık University
- Education in Turkey
- Study in Turkey
- A Guide for the City of Kilis