Killin' Time (Clint Black song)
|Single by Clint Black|
|from the album Killin' Time|
|Released||July 15, 1989|
|Clint Black singles chronology|
"Killin' Time" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Clint Black. It was released in July 1989 as the second single and title track from his debut album. The song was his second number-one hit on the U.S. Billboard magazine Hot Country Singles chart and the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart. It was written by Black and Hayden Nicholas. When Billboard published its year-end Hot Country Singles chart for 1989, "Killin' Time" was the No. 2 song of the year — one spot behind Black's "A Better Man." The successes of "A Better Man" and "Killin' Time" were instrumental in Black winning the Country Music Association's Horizon Award in 1989.
This was his second music video and was directed by Bill Young and premiered in July 1989.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||10|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
- Billboard magazine Hot Country Songs - 1989
- Millard, Bob, "Country Music: 70 Years of America's Favorite Music" (HarperCollins, New York, 1993 (ISBN 0-06-273244-7)), p. 161
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 16, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Clint Black Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Clint Black.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1989". RPM. December 23, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Best of 1989: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- Roland, Tom, "The Billboard Book of Number One Country Hits." (Billboard Books, Watson-Guptill Publications, New York, 1991 (ISBN 0-82-307553-2))
- Whitburn, Joel, "Top Country Songs: 1944-2005," 2006.
"I Got Dreams"
by Steve Wariner
|Billboard Hot Country Singles
October 14, 1989
by Ricky Van Shelton
"Let Me Tell You About Love"
by The Judds
|RPM Country Tracks
October 16, 1989