Kilosa District is one of the six districts of the Morogoro Region of Tanzania. Its administrative seat is the town of Kilosa. Kilosa District covers 14,918 square kilometres (5,760 sq mi).It is bordered to the north by the Manyara Region, to the northeast by the Tanga Region, to the east by Mvomero District, to the southeast by Morogoro Rural District, to the south by Kilombero District, to the southwest by the Iringa Region and to the west by the Dodoma Region.
According to the 2002 Tanzania National Census, the population of the Kilosa District was 489,513.
For parliamentary elections, Tanzania is divided into constituencies. As of the 2010 elections Kilosa District had three constituencies:
However, Gairo Constituency was transferred out in 2012 when Gairo District was created.
The1997 divisions were:
- Gairo Division, the northern most part of Kilosa District,
- Kilosa Division,
- Kilosa Mijni (municipality)
- Kimamba Division,
- Magole Division,
- Masanze Division,
- Mikumi Division,
- Rudewa Division,
- Ulaya Division, the central part of southern Kilosa District.
- Kilosa District (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "Morogoro Region Socio-Economic Profile" (pdf). The Planning Commission, Dar es Salaam, and The Regional Commissioner's Office, Morogoro. 1997. Archived from the original on 30 May 2004.
- "2002 Population and Housing General Report: Morogoro: Kilosa". Archived from the original on 20 March 2004.
- "Organisations located in Kilosa District - Tanzania". African Development Information.