A tower house near Kilsheelan
|Time zone||WET (UTC+0)|
|• Summer (DST)||IST (WEST) (UTC-1)|
Kilsheelan (Irish: Cill Sioláin) is a small village in County Tipperary, Ireland. It is also a civil parish in the barony of Iffa and Offa East. It is one half of the Roman Catholic parish of Kilsheelan & Kilcash in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Waterford and Lismore. It is situated on the north bank of the River Suir, 8.5 km east of Clonmel and 11.8 km west of Carrick-on-Suir. It has a population of around 500 to 600 people. Kilsheelan has won Tidy Towns twice in 1975 and 1979.
It has 4 pubs, a post office and a Peugeot car dealership.
In 2004, Marilyn Manson married the burlesque performer Dita Von Teese in a ceremony at Castle Gurteen de la Poer in Kilsheelan, the home of artist Gottfried Helnwein and his family since 1998. The wedding was exclusively covered by Vogue magazine.
The Limerick–Rosslare railway line passes through Kilsheelan but the station is closed. Clonmel railway station, some 9 km distant, is now the nearest railway station. Kilsheelan is served by Bus Éireann routes 55 & 367.
- "Placenames Database of Ireland". Dublin City University. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "List of Overall Winners". Tidy Towns. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Nolan, Larissa (2005-12-04). "What Goth has joined together: high five as celebrities tie the knot". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- The Tidy Towns of Ireland "Celebrating 50 years"
- Kilsheelan Bridge - Buildings of Irlenad
- Saint Mary's Church - Buildings of Ireland
|This article related to the geography of County Tipperary, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|