From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kilwa may refer to:
- Tanzania and east Africa
- Kilwa Kisiwani, a historic island settlement in eastern Tanzania across from Kilwa Masoko
- Kilwa Masoko, a mainland port town in eastern Tanzania across from Kilwa Kisiwani
- Kilwa District of the Lindi region in eastern Tanzania
- Kilwa Sultanate, a Medieval sultanate, centered at Kilwa (in modern-day Tanzania), whose authority, at its height, stretched over the entire length of the Swahili Coast
- Kilwa Empire, ancient African empire along the Swahili coast
- Other uses
- Kilwa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, a town in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, situated on the south-west shore of Lake Mweru
- Kilwa Island, 6 km from Kilwa, Katanga, but in Zambian territory
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Kilwa.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.