Kilwinning, Ayrshire, Scotland
|Age||11 to 18|
|Colour(s)||Royal Blue Gold|
|Feeder schools||Abbey Primary, Blacklands Primary, Corsehill Primary, Pennyburn Primary and Whitehirst Primary|
The current building opened to 1st and 2nd year pupils in August 1977, and later was opened to all other school years.
In 2014 the school was awarded £4000 to support a scheme to get more people involved in sports.
Kilwinning Academy is rated B for the building's condition and sustainability.
Kilwinning Academy S2 Art and Design pupils in 2010/11 helped Irvine Bay Regeneration in their efforts to refurbish Kilwinning's town centre by creating tiles for a mural for a tunnel leading from the shops and Abbey to the car park.
- "BBC News - Hitler remarks RE teacher David McNally struck off". BBC Online. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "‘Hitler wasn’t all that bad’ teacher struck off - The Scotsman". The Scotsman. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Kilwinning Academy's £4k grant". 16 January 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "North Ayrshire Council building directory". Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Irvine Bay Regeneration Company's Kilwinning Regeneration". Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "North Ayrshire for Business Regeneration Article". Retrieved 13 April 2014.