Kim B. Clark
|Kim B. Clark|
|15th President of BYU-Idaho|
|Term||August 19, 2005 – Present|
|Predecessor||David A. Bednar|
March 20, 1949 |
Salt Lake City, Utah
|Alma mater||Harvard University (B.A., M.A., Ph.D.)|
|Profession||Academic administrator, professor of business administration|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Spouse||Sue Lorraine Hunt Clark|
|Website||Office of the President|
Kim Bryce Clark (born March 20, 1949) is the 15th and current president of Brigham Young University–Idaho. He served previously as dean of the Harvard Business School (HBS) from 1995 to 2005, where he was also the George F. Baker Professor of Business Administration.
Clark matriculated at Harvard University in 1967 as a pre-med major and left after his freshman year to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Germany. Following his mission, Clark enrolled for a time at Brigham Young University. In 1971, he resumed his studies at Harvard, where he received B.A. (1974), MA (1977), and Ph.D. (1978) degrees in economics.
Clark joined the Harvard faculty in 1978 and served as Dean of the HBS from 1995 to 2005.
As a professor at the HBS, Clark's research focused on modularity in design and the integration of technology and competition in industry evolution, particularly within the computer industry. He has published several articles in the Harvard Business Review and other peer-reviewed academic journals. A few of his papers were co-authored with former HBS associate dean and current BYU-Hawaii president Steven C. Wheelwright.
Church service and family
Clark has served in various leadership capacities in the LDS Church, including bishop, scoutmaster, elders quorum president, gospel doctrine teacher, and counselor in a stake mission presidency. From May 2007 to May 2014, Clark served as an area seventy in the church's Idaho Area.
He and his wife, Sue, have seven children.
- Eagle Scout Award by the Boy Scouts of America
- Distinguished Eagle Scout Award by the National Eagle Scout Association
- Newcomen-Harvard Award for Best Paper Published in the Business History Review (1994)
- Heaps, Julie Dockstader (October 15, 2005), "President installed at BYU-Idaho", LDS Church News, retrieved 2014-09-11
- Profile (More): Kim B. Clark, "Faculty & Research: Faculty", HBS.edu (Harvard Business School), retrieved 2014-09-11
- Dr. Kim B. Clark, "Inauguration", byui.edu (BYU Idaho), retrieved 2014-09-11
- Mower, Daniel (October 12, 2005), Kim B. Clark inaugurated as BYU-Idaho’s fifteenth president, "News Releases", byui.edu (BYU Idaho), archived from the original on 2011-09-28
- Distinguished Eagle Scout Award, Marketing & Communication Division, Boy Scouts of America, 2008, retrieved 2014-09-11
- Halter, Jon C. (September 2000), The 'Boy Scout at the Business School', "Achievements and Challenges", Scouting
- Media related to Kim B. Clark at Wikimedia Commons
Robert M. Wilkes
as interim President (2004–2005)
David A. Bednar
as President (1997–2004)
|President of Brigham Young University–Idaho
August 19, 2005 – Current