May 4, 1958 |
|Alma mater||Colgate University
Iowa Writers' Workshop
|Notable works||The Memory Keeper's Daughter|
Kim Edwards (born May 4, 1958) is an American author and educator. Her first novel, The Memory Keeper's Daughter (2005), is a New York Times Bestseller, and was honored with the Sainsbury's Popular Fiction Award at the 2008 British Book Awards.
Early life and education
Edwards was born in Killeen, Texas. When she was two months old, her family moved to upstate New York, where she was raised. Edwards began college at Auburn Community College. She transferred to Colgate University in 1979, and graduated with a bachelor's degree in 1981. In 1983, Edwards received a master's degree from the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop. Edwards earned a second master of arts degree in linguistics, also from the University of Iowa, in 1987.
Edwards' 2005 novel, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, was named the 2006 Book of the Year by USA Today. Her most recent novel, The Lake of Dreams, New York Times Bestseller, was published in January 2011.
- "The Way It Felt to Be Falling: Author Biography". eNotes. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- 2008 Winners & Shortlists retrieved May 4, 2010
- "Lexington author Kim Edwards begins tour for 'The Lake of Dreams'". Herald-Leader. 1-4-2011. Retrieved 29 November 2012. Check date values in:
- Whiting Writers Awards retrieved May 4, 2010
- Good Reads Kim Edwards retrieved May 4, 2010
- Penguin Speaker Bureau Kim Edwards retrieved May 4, 2010
- "Memory Keeper' is top read of 2006". USA Today. 2006-12-21. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Best Sellers". The New York Times. 23 January 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- Pierleoni, Allen (12 January 2011). "Best-selling author Kim Edwards dreamed of success". The Kansas City Star. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- Memmott, Carol (6 January 2011). "Author Kim Edwards goes from 'Memory' to 'Dreams'". USA Today. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- University of Kentucky profile
- Short Biography by BookBrowse
- The Memory Keeper's Podcast
- Official site for The Memory Keeper's Daughter
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|