Kim English (basketball)
English during his tenure with the Detroit Pistons
|League||LNB Pro A
September 24, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Randallstown (Randallstown, Maryland)
Notre Dame Prep
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44th overall|
|Selected by the Detroit Pistons|
|2012||→Fort Wayne Mad Ants (D-League)|
|2013||Montepaschi Siena (Italy)|
|2013–2014||Chorale Roanne (France)|
|2014||SLUC Nancy Basket (France)|
|2014–present||Cholet Basket (France)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Kim English, Jr. (born September 24, 1988) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for Cholet Basket of the LNB Pro A. He played college basketball for the University of Missouri before being selected by the Detroit Pistons with the 44th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft.
English was born on September 24, 1988 in Baltimore, Maryland. His mother, Brenda Fowlkes, and his father, Kim English Sr. raised English along with his brother Khalil and his two sisters, Jessica and Bria.
After high school, English attended Notre Dame Preparatory School in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. English averaged 17.3 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game in 2007–08 while again earning team MVP honors.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|Baltimore, Maryland||Randallstown High School||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||180 lb (82 kg)||Sep 30, 2007|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
As a freshman, English worked his way into the starting lineup, starting 13 out of 16 Big 12 games. In the second round of the 2009 NCAA Tournament, with Missouri tied 79-79 with Marquette, English came off the bench to replace an injured J.T. Tiller and hit two free throws to give Missouri an 81-79 lead en route to an 83-79 victory.
English averaged 14 points per game as a sophomore while earning USBWA All-District honors, being named to Dick Vitale's All-Improved Team, and earning Third Team All-Big 12 honors, becoming just the third Mizzou underclassmen to earn All-Big 12 honors.
As a junior English was unable to improve upon his sophomore year campaign, averaging just 10 points per game.
As a senior, English averaged 14.5 points per game and made 45.9% of his three pointers, earning Third Team All-Big 12 honors for the second time. Leading Mizzou to the 2012 Big 12 Men's Basketball Tournament championship, Mizzou's second Big 12 Tournament Championship in four years, English was named the Big 12 Tournament Most Outstanding Player after averaging 23 points and shooting 78 percent from the field.
English was selected by the Detroit Pistons with the 44th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft. On July 9, 2012, he joined the Pistons for the 2012 NBA Summer League. On July 12, 2012, he signed with the Pistons. He was assigned to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on December 12, 2012, and recalled a week later.
On August 26, 2013, English signed with Montepaschi Siena of Italy. In mid-November 2013, he parted ways with Siena after just 9 games. On November 27, 2013, he signed with Chorale Roanne of France for the rest of the season.
In July 2014, English joined the Orlando Magic for the 2014 NBA Summer League. On September 26, 2014, he signed with the Chicago Bulls. However, he was later waived by the Bulls on October 18, 2014. Nine days later, he returned to France, signing a one-year deal with SLUC Nancy Basket. On December 1st, 2014 he signed a one-month deal with French club Cholet Basket.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- O'Neil, Dana (December 6, 2011). "Kim English's transformation". ESPN.com. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- "Kim English Bio". mutigers.com. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "Kim English". Rivals.com. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "English proves clutch; Marquette's James struggles in return". ESPN.com. March 22, 2009. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "2012 Phillips 66 All-Big 12 Men's Basketball Awards Announced". Big12Sports.com. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "MU’s English leads Big 12 all-tournament team". KansasCity.com. March 10, 2012. Retrieved March 16, 2012.[dead link]
- Paylor, Terez (February 28, 2012). "Missouri seniors prepare for final game in Columbia". KansasCity.com. Retrieved March 16, 2012.[dead link]
- "Detroit Pistons Sign Second Round Draft Selection Kim English". NBA.com. July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- "Detroit Pistons Assign Khris Middleton And Kim English To Fort Wayne Mad Ants". NBA.com. December 12, 2012. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- "Detroit Pistons Recall Khris Middleton and Kim English from Fort Wayne Mad Ants". NBA.com. December 19, 2012. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- Pistons waive everyone’s favorite second-round pick, Kim English
- Check, Check; Drummond, KCP show Pistons what they needed to see in Orlando
- "MONTEPASCHI SIENA inks sharpshooter English". Euroleague.net. August 26, 2013. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- Mens Sana Siena to part ways with Kim English
- Kim English on his way out from Siena
- "Chorale Roanne announced Kim English". Sportando.com. November 27, 2013. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- "Orlando Magic Announce Roster for Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 1, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- BULLS FINALIZE TRAINING CAMP ROSTER
- BULLS WAIVE ENGLISH, HANSBROUGH AND JONES
- Kim English pens with SLUC Nancy
- Kim English signs with SLUC Nancy
- Kim English signs a one-month deal with Cholet