||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2012)|
Kim at Consumer Electronics Show 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada, in January 2012
|Born||14 August 1967|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Labels||Concert World, LOEN Entertainment|
|Revised Romanization||Kim Jang-hun|
Early life and education
Kim dropped out of school and worked as a D.J. at cafes. In 1991, he released his debut album. Cho Dongik mainly wrote and arranged his music. That album included "On a sunny day", written by Yu Heeyul, "Always between you and I", written by Cho Dongik, "To the tomorrow", written by Cho Dongik. His second album, including "Now", was released in 1993. After releasing the third album I just sang my song, this was followed by the fourth album 1998 Ballads For Tears. Although Kim debuted in 1991, it was his 4th album, Fool that catapulted his popularity.
On 27 September 2011, Kim released single, "Breakups are So Like Me" which featured Heechul of boy band Super Junior, who also starred in the music video. Since Heechul enlisted for mandatory military service on 1 September, his parts during the performance on Music Bank and Show! Music Core, was filled in by bandmates, Yesung, Eunhyuk and Shindong, who performed with Kim.
Also, Kim is on many popular T.V. variety programs as an entertainer. Kim is the #1 musician at University Campuses for 10 years and his popularity ranges from people in their teens to their 60s.
Since his debut, Kim has twenty-two (22) albums, including his best remix albums, digital singles, and Original Soundtrack albums. Moreover, throughout his career, Kim performed at over 1,000 different concerts and shows, including fifteen (15) of his own exclusive concerts, in China and South Korea.
In 2014, Kim released, alongside with the girl group Crayon Pop, a new single titled "HERO".
In South Korea, Kim is widely known as the "Donation Angel", donating over 10 billion South Korean won over the course of ten years to various causes. He is very active in the Liancourt Rocks territorial dispute between Japan and South Korea.
In July 2012, while during his concert at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California, Kim received a letter signed by U.S. President Barack Obama, notifying him of his winning the President's Volunteer Service Award.
|1st||Vol 1 always between you and I
|2nd||Vol 2 Now
|3rd||Vol 3 I just sang my song
|4th||Vol 4 1998 BALLADS FOR TEARS
|5th||Vol 5 Fool
|6th||Vol 6 INNOCENCE
|7th||Vol 7 Natural
|8th||Novelty Hero Newspaper with Cho PD
|9th||Vol A Piece
|10th||Vol 9 It's me
|11th||Project : Maestro
|12th||A Shower - Digital Single
|13th||Letter to Kim Hyun Sik - tribute album
|14th||Make Me Cry Again (w/ Psy) - Digital Single
- 2008, Publicity Ambassador for Voluntary Agency Network of Korea (VANK)
- 2008, Publicity Ambassador for Olympic Park
- 2002: The Prize for Good Deed Star in Current Year
- 2008: 4th The Grand Prize for Contribution to Society-Special Award
- 2008: 6th The Prize for Glorious Civilized People
- 2012: President's Volunteer Service Award
- "김장훈 1집 '늘 우리 사이엔'" (in Korean). 인뮤즈닷컴. 1991-11-19.
- "김장훈 2집 '이제야'" (in Korean). 인뮤즈닷컴. 1994-12-10.
- "김장훈 3집 '노래만 불렀지'" (in Korean). 인뮤즈닷컴. 1997-01-10.
- Choe, MinJi "Super Junior Fills in For Heechul for Kim Jang Hoon Duet" CJ E&M enewsWorld. 28 September 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-30
- "Kim Jang Hoon's music video for "Nothing" features Paris Hilton". Asia Pacific Arts. 2012-10-29.
- "Kim Jang-hoon Given U.S. President's Volunteer Award". Chosun Ilbo. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Sunwoo, Carla (24 July 2012). "Obama recognizes Kim Jang-hoon". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Jang-hoon.|