Stolz at a rally in November 2008
|Born||Kimberly Lynn Stolz
June 8, 1983
New York City, New York,
|Other names||Kim Stolz|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg)|
|Dress size||2 (US) ; 32 (EU)|
|Manager||Elite Model Management,
Kimberly Lynn "Kim" Stolz (born June 8, 1983) is an American fashion model, television personality, and financial executive. Stolz was a correspondent for MTV News, and served as video jockey and host for The Freshmen, a series on mtvU. Stolz first came to fame as a contestant on Cycle 5 of America's Next Top Model, where she finished fifth place. She is currently a vice president at Citigroup in equity-derivative sales.
Early life and America's Next Top Model appearance
Stolz grew up wealthy on the Upper East Side of New York City and attended The Brearley School in Manhattan. Her father worked as a stockbroker at Goldman Sachs and her mother was a former supermodel who modeled for Givenchy and Ralph Lauren. In 2005, she earned a bachelor's degree in government and intergovernmental politics from Wesleyan University; she wrote her undergraduate thesis about U.S. foreign policy. After graduating from Wesleyan, Stolz briefly worked in a law firm.
In fall 2005, Stolz was a contestant on Cycle 5 of America's Next Top Model. She is an out lesbian. Stolz, who was open about her sexuality on A.N.T.M., was routinely criticized by some of the show's judges for having a "masculine" appearance. Kim is also known for kissing fellow contestant Sarah Rhoades in the limousine. She also "made out" with Sarah while the two were in bed together. In an interview with the website AfterEllen, Stolz stated: "I think that a lot of people were very quick to merge my sexuality and gender, and that made them scrutinize my masculinity a whole lot more than they would otherwise." Stolz was eventually the ninth contestant eliminated, making it to the final five.
Stolz has an active presence with MTV: she is a video jockey for The Freshman on mtvU and is also an MTV News correspondent. In 2008, she reported extensively on the 2008 Iowa Caucus and interviewed presidential candidates John Edwards and Mike Huckabee. Stolz also pursued a career in fashion modeling; soon after she appeared on America's Next Top Model, Stolz was signed with Elite Model Management in New York City and is now signed to Ford Models in New York. Stolz also had a small role on an episode of the UPN series, Veronica Mars, as part of a challenge win for America's Next Top Model. She has also been featured as one of CoverGirl's Top Models in Action.
In 2008, Stolz was listed as one of the most memorable contestants from America's Top Model by AOL Entertainment Canada.
- RUEHL No.925 (Abercrombie & Fitch sister brand)
- GO magazine
- Brooklyn Industries
- American Eagle Outfitters fall 2006
- Women's Wear Daily
- Knit.1 (multiple issues),
- Cover magazine (April 2007)
- Nordstrom (November 2006)
- Chris Benz Collection (fall/winter 2007)
- American Salon
- Teen Vogue
- Autostraddle online magazine
- America's Next Top Model, Cycle 5 as herself/contestant
- The Freshmen (MtvU) as herself
- The Tyra Banks Show (2005) as herself
- Veronica Mars as Stacy, a rental-car clerk for the Lariant Rental Car company, in the episode "Rat Saw God" (episode 6, season 2, 2005)
- TRL as herself
- E! True Hollywood Story: America's Next Top Model as herself
- MTV News as herself
- Mother May I (2008) as herself
- Michael Jackson Memorial Service (2009) as herself
- 2009 Video Music Awards as herself
- Sexting in America: When Privates Go Public (2010) as herself
- Kim Stolz at the Fashion Model Directory
- "Profile of Kim Stolz". mtvU.com. Retrieved June 17, 2008.
- Lo, Malinda (December 5, 2005). "Interview with Top Model's Kim Stolz". AfterEllen. Retrieved June 18, 2008.
- "Bio of Kim Stolz". MTVpress.com. Retrieved June 18, 2008.
- Gold, Matea (August 13, 2006). "When it comes to music, she's no poser". L.A. Times. Retrieved June 18, 2008.
- Zappia, Corrina (November 29, 2005). "Beauty and the Modeling Beast". Village Voice. Retrieved June 17, 2008.
- "Our next top lesbian model" (interview). The Advocate online. December 1, 2005. Retrieved June 19, 2008.
- Kim Stolz. "On the Campaign Trail with John Edwards". MTV News. Retrieved June 18, 2008.
- "Mike Huckabee Weighs in on Gay Rights, Young Voters... and Opening for Led Zeppelin?". MTV News. Retrieved June 18, 2008.
- "Elite's New York Division".
- "Top Model Contestants We Can't Forget". AOL Entertainment Canada.
- "Print Work". All ANTM.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 4.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 2.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 3.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 7.
- "All ANTM - Print Work".
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 9.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 10.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 5.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 6.
- "Print Work". All ANTM. p. 11.
- "Kim Stolz Smiles With Her Eyes". Autostraddle. June 22, 2009.