Kim Yeon-woo in November 2011
|Also known as||Lord Yeon-woo(연우신)|
|Born||July 22, 1971|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, professor, vocal coach|
|Revised Romanization||Kim Yeon-u|
|Revised Romanization||Kim Hak-cheol|
Kim Yeon-woo (ko:김연우 born July 22, 1971) is a South Korean male singer, vocal coach, and professor at Seoul Art College(ko:서울종합예술학교) well known for his ballads, smooth singing voice and ability to hit high notes. Kim recorded a number of hit ballads with the South Korean band, Toy, in the mid 1990s, gathering a sizable cult following. In 2011, Kim achieved more widespread fame and popular recognition in South Korea through his participation on I Am a Singer, along with numerous appearances on variety and entertainment shows.
After completing his military service Kim Yeon-woo debuted in 1995 by winning the 7th annual Yu Jae-ha(ko:유재하) Music Competition. In 1996, Kim Yeon-woo became the featured vocal of You Hee-Yeol's project band Toy (ko:토이). You Hee-Yeol at that time thought Kim Yeon-woo's birth name of Kim Hak-chul didn't really go well with his music, so they decided to change it to Kim Yeon-woo, after the name of a cafe You Hee-Yeol frequented. They would go on to record a number of hits such as Still Beautiful and Remember I Was Next to You.
Since leaving Toy, Kim Yeon-woo has published four solo albums.
In 2010, Kim was noted in the media after he performed in the rain holding an umbrella at a college concert, when reportedly all the other singers quit the concert after it started raining.
In 2011, Kim was a participant in I Am a Singer. Though he was voted off shortly, Kim found more success in two other guest appearances in the contest. He and Kim Kyung Ho were voted second in the duet part of the contest and concert, and during the Australian contest/concert of I Am a Singer Kim was voted first.
- Next to you, only me... (1999, Poibos, Re-released in 2001)
- Couple 《연인》 (2004, IO Music/EMI)
- Lost Love (2006, Adio Entertainment/Manwaldang Music Entertainment)
- Mr. Big (2011, Dio Music/LOEN Entertainment)
Collaboration(as main vocal) Albums
-  Yoo Hee Yeul
-  A Night In Seoul
-  Fermata
-  Toy Live
-  THANK YOU
-  Going to meet you now
- [2010.01.05] Caring
- [2014.05.28] MOVE
- Call Me (feat. 칸토 Kanto) 3:42
- 해독제 Antidote 4:26
- Move (feat. 박경 Park Kyung of Brand B) 4:09
- 도레미파솔 Do Re Mi Fa Sol 3:19
- I Belong 2 U 4:10
-  I'm Your Friend
|1997||Drama||When the salmons return||"Next to you", "Only Beautiful Memories"|
|1997||Drama||Into the Storm||"You're larger than this world(Rock Ver.)"|
|2001||Movie||Bungee Jumping of their Own||"Wow! You're so beautiful"|
|2002||Drama||Ocean of Greed||"Everyone is in your heart"|
|2002||Drama||Boys before Flowers||"Boys before Flowers(Ballad Ver.)", "Boys before Flowers(Rock Ver.)"|
|2003||Movie||Do you like bears in the spring?||"Shy Love"|
|2004||Drama||Oh! Pil Seung And Bong Soon Young||"A Lie called Goodbye…", "Epilogue"|
|2004||Drama||Island||"Only My Memories"|
|2004||Animation||Greek and Roman Mythology-Olympus Guardians||"A story of Gods and Heroes", "Whenever I breathe"|
|2004||Drama||Sweet Buns||"The days we laughed"|
|2005||Drama||Preparing for Breakups||"Far and Close"|
|2006||Movie||Lost in Love||"Love, that common word"|
|2006||Drama||Trace of Love||"When you cry when you smile"|
|2007||Drama||Blue Fish||"I am You"|
|2008||Drama||Hong Gil Dong||"The First"|
|2008||Drama||Chosun Police Season 2 O.S.T Vol.2||"The Road to You"|
|2010||Drama||Bad Man||"Sometimes I cry Alone"|
|2011||Drama||Lie to Me||"You’re my love"|
|2013||Drama||Nine||"Because it's you"|
Contemporary Christian Music
|2004||CCM Contest Now||2nd Album-Life, Song, Dreams||"That Man, that Love"|
|2006||Jo Hwan-gon||1st Album- To my searching friend||"To my searching friend", "Can't give up", "Now", "To the missionary lands", "Who will follow the Lord"|
- Kim (김), Hyun-jung (현정) (2012-01-09). "[공연리뷰]Mr. Big 김연우 ' 연우빛을 만들다'". eToday (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- 인물정보 김연우, Naver People (in Korean), 2011-05-24, retrieved 2012-01-09
- Kim (김), Chae-yun (채연) (2011-09-27). 김연우 어린시절 ‘유재하 가요제 금상 수상한 수재’ 자심감 폭발. 뉴스엔 (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- Park (박), Ah-rim (아름) (2011-11-25). ‘본명 김학철’ 김연우 "예명 김연우, 유희열이 자주가던 다방 이름". 뉴스엔 (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- 김연우 "토이시절 노래 이젠 추억됐죠". 스포츠한국 (in Korean). 2008-12-23. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- Park(박), Ah-rim (아름) (2011-05-02). 대학축제 간 김연우 우산 들고 빗속 열창 "프로정신 대단". 중앙일보/joinsMSN (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- 김경호&김연우, 사랑과 우정사이(피노키오)/MBC나는 가수다. Daum tv팟 (in Korean). 2010-10-09. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- Kim (김), Soo-Kyung (수경) (2011-10-30). 김연우, 나가수 호주경연 1위 '5개월 동안 칼 갈은 발라드 神'. 재경일보 (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- Nam (남), Yeon-hee (연희). 김경호-김연우 '사랑과우정사이' 감동의 하모니 '명불허전'. 파이낸셜뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- Oh(오), Youg-Kyung (영경) (2010-09-10). 김연우, 12살 연하와 결혼…유희열 사회+성시경 축가. 서울신문 (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-01-09.