||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Born||Kimberlin Ann Brown
June 29, 1961
Hayward, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film, television actress|
|Spouse(s)||Gary Pelzer (1991–present)|
Kimberlin Ann Brown (born June 29, 1961 in Hayward, California) is an American actress, best known for her iconic role as Sheila Carter on The Young and the Restless (May 1990 to May 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, August 2005 to January 2006) and The Bold and the Beautiful (May 1992 to October 2, 1998, April 2002 to November 2002, September 29, 2003 to October 10, 2003).
Brown has been married to Gary Pelzer since May 1991. They have two children, Alexes Marie (born 1994) and Nicholas. They live in California and own an avocado farm.
Kimberlin started on The Young and the Restless in 1990 (after originally auditioning for the role of Cassandra Rawlins) and moved to The Bold and the Beautiful in 1992 playing Sheila on both soaps.
While she left The Bold and the Beautiful in 1998, she continues to make special guest appearances. In 2002, her character killed off Hunter Tylo's character, Dr. Taylor Hayes Forrester (although the character turned up alive when Tylo returned to the show in 2005). There was some irony involved, since Brown and Tylo had once been close friends then had a severe falling out after Brown and her husband sided with Tylo's husband Michael when the two Tylos were considering divorce. In fall 2003, Brown made another special guest appearance to kidnap Ronn Moss's character Ridge Forrester.
She portrayed Rachel Locke, mother of Livvie Locke (Kelly Monaco) on Port Charles from 1999-2001. In late 2004, Brown debuted in a recurring role of Dr. Paige Miller on the ABC soap opera, One Life to Live. She exited the soap in 2005 when the soap could not match the salary The Young and the Restless was offering in order for her to stay. She was replaced by Cady Huffman and Alexandra Neil. In 2005, Brown returned to the role of Sheila on The Young and the Restless after a long absence from the show.
In early 2006, she was released from her contract on The Young and the Restless, though her character was still mentioned, from time to time. When her character returned to The Young and the Restless later that year, however, she was not played by Brown. It was explained that Sheila had undergone extensive plastic surgery to have her face reconstructed to look like Phyllis Newman. Michelle Stafford (who also plays Phyllis) took on the role, and played the dual roles of Sheila and Phyllis from December 2006 to February 2007. Since Stafford played the role in a more flamboyant and campy way, it is speculated that the character was one of Sheila's psychotic accomplices and the real Sheila is still out there. In a recent interview, Brown says the reason she didn't come back to play Sheila was because of an accident she had late last year.
In 2008, Brown starred in the film Proud American. She also stars in the upcoming short film The Necklace.
In 2011, Brown began to appear in Gregori J. Martin's web-series "The Bay". She portrays Dr. Grace Drum, a psychiatrist. Brown first appeared in a summer special "Far From The Bay", and continued on in the series' second season.
- Capitol as Danny (1987)
- Santa Barbara as Candace Durrell (1990)/Danielle Steele (1990)
- The Young and the Restless as Sheila Carter (1990–1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 2005–2006)
- The Bold and the Beautiful as Sheila Carter (1992–1998, 2002, 2003)
- Diagnosis: Murder as Barbara Bennings (1997)
- Port Charles as Dr. Rachel Reese Locke (1999–2000, 2001, 2002)
- Another World as Shelly Clark (1999)
- Six Feet Under as soap actress (2003)
- One Life to Live as Dr. Paige Miller #1 (2004–2005)
- Family Feud as herself (2005)
- Soap Opera Digest Awards Outstanding Villainess: Kimberlin Brown (Sheila, The Bold and the Beautiful)
- Proud American as Lisa (2008)
- The Necklace as Margaret (2010)
- All My Children as Judge Mariam (2010)
- The Bay: The Series as Dr. Grace Drum (2011 - Present)
- Kimberlin Brown at the Internet Movie Database
- Kimberlin Ann Brown at AllRovi
- Kimberlin Brown profile from The Bold and the Beautiful Online