August 28, 1983 |
Tacoma, Washington United States
|Other names||Kimberly Kame, Kimber|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||134 lb (61 kg)|
|No. of adult films||376 as actress,
12 as director
Kane was born and raised in Tacoma, Washington. Her mother was a pornographic film producer and exotic dancer. At age 13, Kane moved to Portland, Oregon. She later moved to Las Vegas where she worked at a Mars Music store and was a tambourine player and backup singer for a cover band called Skull Rose.
Kane worked as a stripper for a year when she was 18 years old. She danced at the Sugar Shack, a strip club in Portland, Oregon. She entered the adult film industry in August 2003 when she was 20 years old and did her first scene for the film Troubled Teens. She's had nipple piercings, but no tattoos. She is often cast in the alt porn genre, even at times in which she had no body modifications. In 2006, she made her directorial debut with the film Naked and Famous for Pulse Distribution. She went on to direct Triple Ecstasy, Morphine, and Live In My Secrets, three alt porn films produced by Vivid Entertainment.
In 2011, Kane was the cover model for Taschen's "Big Book of Pussy" and had her photography exhibited in the group show "Alt To The Alt" in Los Angeles alongside other adult industry photographers including Eon Mckai and Bob Coulter.
Kane voiced her support for President Barack Obama in the 2012 United States presidential election, stating that she agreed with his views on women's issues, health care, and gay rights. That same year, expressed her opposition towards Measure B, a law requiring pornographic actors to wear condoms during all sex scenes filmed in Los Angeles County, California.
Kane was engaged to the porn director Jack the Zipper for over two years, but they separated in 2006. She is also an avid role playing gamer, participating in a weekly Dungeons & Dragons game with other adult performers and sex workers.
Awards and recognition
- 2006 AVN Award – Best Group Sex Scene in a Video – Squealer
- 2006 AVN Award – Best Oral Sex Scene in a Video – Squealer
- 2009 AVN Award – Best All-Girl 3-Way Sex Scene – Belladonna's Girl Train
- 2010 AVN Award – Best Actress – The Sex Files: A Dark XXX Parody
- 2010 XBIZ Award – Acting Performance of the Year, Female – The Sex Files: A Dark XXX Parody
- 2010 XRCO Award – Single Performance, Actress – The Sex Files: A Dark XXX Comedy
- 2011 AVN Award – Best Three-Way Sex Scene (G/G/B) – The Condemned
- 2011 XRCO Award – Best Actress – The Sex Files 2: A Dark XXX Parody
- 2011 Feminist Porn Award – Honourable Mention – My Own Master
- Tristan Taormino (January 17, 2006). "Tool of the Patriarchy". The Village Voice. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Troy Michael. "Her rookie year behind her – An interview with Kimberly Kane". IWAdult. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Troy Michael. "Catching up with multi award winning performer and director Kimberly Kane". IWAdult. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Robin Perez. "Behind the Scenes with Kimberly Kane". Sex Herald. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Cindi Loftus. "Kimberly Kane". Xcitement Magazine. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Heidi Pike-Johnson (2004-02-26). "Fresh Off The Buss: Kimberly Kane". AVN Insider. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "Inside Kimberly Kane". XRentDVD.com. 2006-10-17. Retrieved 2007-10-04.
- Anselmi, Eduardo (June 2010). "The dirty dozen". Maxim UK.
- XCritic, XCritic. "The Top 10 Women Directos In Porn". XCritic. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- Peter Warren (2010-03-23). "FSC Launches Anti-Piracy PSA Campaign". AVN. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Sam Harmon (2010-03-23). "Free Speech Coalition Shoots Antipiracy PSA Videos". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Richard Abowitz (2012-08-07). "8 Porn Stars’ Presidential Endorsements". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Dennis Romero (2012-10-24). "Kimberly Kane, Porn Star, Speaks Out Against Mandatory Condoms in Adult Video". LA Weekly. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "I Hit it With My Axe". escapistmagazine.com. 2010-03-17. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners". AVN.com. 2006-11-22. Retrieved 2007-08-06.
- David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN.com. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- Lyla Katz (2010-02-11). "XBIZ Awards 2010 Winners Announced". XBiz.com. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "2010 XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- Dan Miller (2011-04-14). "XRCO Award Winners Announced". XBIZ Newswire. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
- "Good Releasing Awarded Three Feminist Porn Awards". AVN. 2011-04-18. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kimberly Kane.|