Location of Kimbolton, Ohio
|• Total||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|• Land||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|• Density||794.2/sq mi (306.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1064937|
Kimbolton is a census-designated place in Guernsey County, Ohio, United States, along Wills Creek. The population was 190 at the 2000 census, at which time it was a village. In March 2004, the electorate voted to surrender the corporate powers of the Village of Kimbolton to the trustees of Liberty Township. The village was officially dissolved on April 30, 2005.
Kimbolton is located at (40.155035, -81.573393).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 190 people, 57 households, and 44 families residing in the village. The population density was 794.2 people per square mile (305.7/km²). There were 62 housing units at an average density of 259.2 per square mile (99.7/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 91.58% White, 2.63% African American, 1.05% from other races, and 4.74% from two or more races.
There were 57 households out of which 38.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.7% were married couples living together, 7.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.8% were non-families. 22.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the village the population was spread out with 24.2% under the age of 18, 8.4% from 18 to 24, 25.8% from 25 to 44, 16.3% from 45 to 64, and 25.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 113.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.0 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $21,625, and the median income for a family was $23,750. Males had a median income of $27,500 versus $22,500 for females. The per capita income for the village was $13,370. About 23.8% of families and 30.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 56.6% of those under the age of eighteen and none of those sixty five or over.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kimbolton, Ohio
- "Village of Kimbolton, Guernsey County: Final Audit" (PDF). For the period of January 1, 2005 to April 30, 2005. Ohio Auditor of State. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "Boundary Changes". Geographic Change Notes: Illinois. Population Division, United States Census Bureau. 2008-09-08. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.