Johnson at the Mann Chinese Theater
|Born||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Weight||127 lb (9 st 1 lb; 58 kg)|
|Hair color||Black, Brown|
Kimmarie (born Kim Marie Johnson) is an American fashion model, actress and business owner. Kimmarie is the founder of SkinGlow by Kimmarie, a skin care and beauty retailing and consulting company based in Wyoming, USA with offices in Los Angeles, Ca. Kimmarie started the company in 2011 after many years of research into skin care and beauty products. In 1993, Kimmarie participated in, and won the Miss Pennsylvania USA beauty pageant. She went on to represent the state of Pennsylvania in the Miss USA pageant where she finished in the top five.
Kimmarie is the youngest child of Edward Frank Johnson and Caroline Ella Johnson. Kimmarie was raised in Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania. She was educated at Horner Middle School, Wilkinsburg High School and went on to study Elementary Education / Child Psychology at the California University of Pennsylvania. In her senior year at Wilkinsburg High, Kimmarie enrolled in and successfully completed the Youth Competencies Program, a program sponsored by the Allegheny County Department of Federal Programs. Kimmarie was Homecoming Queen in high school as well as in college. Kimmarie's childhood until age ten, was spent with both of her parents. Her parents separated when she was about ten years old, at which time Kimmarie, her two brothers and her mother moved in with her grandmother, Eleanor Elizabeth West.
Kimmarie, her mother and two brothers spent the next few years living with various family members, while her mother worked to bring some stability back into their lives. During this period, Kimmarie's mother was under a lot of stress and suffered a psychological breakdown. Kimmarie's mother received treatment for her condition for several years until she stabilized. While her mother was receiving treatment, Kimmarie became responsible for keeping the family together. The added responsibility of being a home maker was a lot for the teenage Kimmarie. Kimmarie's attendance at school suffered. Despite her struggles to help keep her family together, Kimmarie was able to make it through high school and was invited to study at California University of Pennsylvania.
At the age of sixteen, Kimmarie became a surrogate mother for her oldest brother's infant daughter, Rhonda Deneen Johnson. Kimmarie took on the challenge of juggling her education with raising her brother's infant until she graduated from College. Kimmarie remained an active influence in her niece's life. After Kimmarie graduated from College, she moved to New York. Kimmarie lived in New York for several years before she moved to Los Angeles. While in Los Angeles, Kimmarie maintained very close ties with her mother, two brothers and niece. Kimmarie's oldest brother died in 2003, seven days before the birth of her son, Cameron Nino. In 2004, four months after oldest brother's death, Kimmarie's mother died after she was diagnosed with Cancer. The deaths of her oldest brother and mother had a devastating impact on Kimmarie and she was forced to retreat from actively pursuing her career for several years.
Flight Attendant to actor
In 1990, Kimmarie joined Pan American World Airways (Pan Am) as a flight attendant in their international routes. Her tenure with Pan Am gave her exposure to the international scene. While working with Pan Am she was signed with Docherty, a modeling agency in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She was offered roles as a model representing several internationally acclaimed fashion designers including Vidal Sassoon, Oscar de la Renta, and United Colors of Benetton, amongst many others. In 1992, without any prior pageantry training, background or experience, Kimmarie competed in and won the Miss Pennsylvania USA, USA beauty pageant. She went on to represent the state of Pennsylvania in the 1993 Miss USA beauty pageant. She finished in the top 5 with higher scores than the 1993 winner and was the judges’ favorite to win the pageant. Kimmarie did not answer the question in the finals.
In 1996, Kimmarie moved to Los Angeles and continued modeling for the LA California Mart, and Lady Footlocker. While in Los Angeles, she decided to pursue a career in acting. She booked her first acting role in the movie Dude, Where's My Car? Kimmarie immediately became engulfed in learning her craft as an actor. She studied under Janet Alhanti in the studio of Margie Habor. Kimmarie soon discovered that she also had a passion for dancing. She enrolled in several dance studios to improve her dancing skills. Kimmarie appeared in the several episodes of the TV series Beverly Hills 90210 and Wanda at Large. She also appeared in the film the Diary of a Tired Black Man which was written and directed by Tim Alexander.
After the birth of her son in 2003, Kimmarie took a break from her career for a few years. While on hiatus, Kimmarie studied at The Groundlings. In 2006, Kimmarie was voted Actress of the Month by the Independent Filmmakers Alliance From 2007 to 2010 Kimmarie took on lead roles in several stage plays at The Next Stage and several other theaters, including The Dark Side of The Moon, The Puppet Show and an adaptation of A Christmas Carol.
Kimmarie executive produced The Last Eve directed by Korean American Director Young Man Kang. This film won several awards in film festivals including Best Action Feature Film Award in the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival and Best Cinematography in the New York B Movie Film Festival.
In 2011, Kimmarie teamed up several skin care and beauty industry leaders and started SkinGlow by Kimmarie, a skin care and beauty line of products. In September 2012, Kimmarie launched her first product, Ori Shea Butter, a 100% all natural extract from the Shea nut tree.
|1998||Let's Talk About Sex||Lena Girl|
|2000||Vallery's Secret||Model (as Kim Marie Johnson)|
|Dude, Where's My Car?||Alien Jumpsuit Chick #5 (as Kim Marie Johnson)|
|2001||Carman: The Champion||Corey|
|1st Testament CIA Vengeance (video)||Liz|
|Shadow Fury||Call Girl|
|2003||Spanish Fly||(as Kim Marie Johnson)|
|2004||Gang Warz||Paige (as Kim Marie Johnson)|
|2005||Break a Leg||Sexy Woman|
|2008||Diary of a Tired Black Man||Sexy Woman At Club (as Kim Marie Johnson)|
|2010||Legacy||Danica Forrest (as Kim Marie Johnson)|
|2011||The Summer of Massacre||Jesse's Fiance|
|1998||Beverly Hills 90210 - The Following Options||Judy|
|Talk of the Town||Guest Starring|
|2003||Wanda at Large - Death of a Councilman||Kelly|
2010, Kimchi Warrior - (TV short) (Executive Producer)
2004, Korean Report: Young Man Kang Goes to Hollywood (TV documentary) - Herself (as Kim Marie Johnson)
- "SkinGlow by Kimmarie corporate information". skinglowbykimmarie.com. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "Official Ms Pennsylvania Site". Pageant Associates, misspennsylvaniausa.com. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "Opentopia List of Ms Pennsylvania winners". opentopia.com. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- "Editor's Pick, Black Star News - October 6, 2006". Black Star News, Inc - blackstarnews.com. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "Class of 1985, Wilkinsburg High School, Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania".
- Felicia L. Mason, November 8, 1984 (1984). "Classes give youths boost in needed basic job skills". Pittsburg Post-Gazette.
- Felicia L. Mason, November 15, 1984. "Classes prepare students for jobs". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Muldrow, Stefanie (January 20, 2012). "Uzuri.com Exclusive Interview with Kimmarie,". uzuri.com - Beauty, Fashion, Runway and Entertainment. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "Kimmarie Johnson - Celebrity Profile (December 2010 Edition)". inmag.com(on line) and in Magazine(print) are published by in! communications, Inc. - Entertainment, Fashion, People, Lifestyle.
- Mason Kelley, November 17, 2006. "Johnson - A model for family ties". The Bakersfield Californian.
- "Cameron Nino on Facebook, About". Facebook.
- "Caroline Ella Johnson obituary, March 23, 2004". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Ben Kramer - Owner / Webmaster / Web Designer; Zarly Dy - Correspondent / Contributor and JB De Jesus - Correspondent / Articles / Photos. "Woulda Coulda Shoulda". http://www.pageantlovers.com. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Karina Halle (August 2, 2006). "Actress of the Month - August 2002". Independent Filmmakers Alliance. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "The Last Eve-2005, A Young Man Kang Drama".
- The Korean News Team. "The Last Eve wins Award". hancinema.net.
- "SkinGlow Products | Ori Shea Butter". Products.skinglowbykimmarie.com. Retrieved 2014-07-24.
- Let's Talk About Sex (1998) - IMDb
- Dude, Where's My Car? (2000) - IMDb
- Carman: The Champion (2001) - IMDb
- 1st Testament CIA Vengeance (Video 2001) - IMDb
- Shadow Fury (2001) - IMDb
- Spanish Fly (2003) - IMDb
- Gang Warz (2004) - IMDb
- Break a Leg (2005) - IMDb
- Diary of a Tired Black Man (2008) - IMDb
- Legacy (2010) - IMDb
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (TV Series 1990–2000) - IMDb
- Talk of the Town (2000) - IMDb
- Wanda at Large (TV Series 2003– ) - IMDb
- Kimchi Warrior (TV 2010) - IMDb
- The Last Eve (2005) - IMDb
- Korean Report: Young Man Kang Goes to Hollywood (TV 2004) - IMDb
- West Coast showbiz folk fondly recall Pittsburgh roots, By Christopher Rawson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- The Dark Side of The Moon Stage Play, January 17, 2010 Stage play at The Next Stage, Hollywood, CA.
- Jeff Allender's House of Checklists List of Ms USA Finalists.
- KIMMARIE JOHNSON at Sue Wong "My Fair Lady" 2011 Fashion Event Arrivals, Sue Wong Collection (Video).
- Legacy Cast, Lunatopia Productions Cast of Legacy.
- 13th Annual Women In Film Malibu Golf Classic - July 9, 2010 - Source: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images North America.
- Miss USA 1993- Announcement of the Top 6 Miss USA Finals (Video).
- SkinGlow by Kimmarie Corporate Bio SkinGlow by Kimmarie Executive Bio.
- Kimmarie Johnson at the Internet Movie Database