La Corda d'Oro
|La Corda d'Oro|
(Kin'iro no Koruda)
|Genre||Romance, Music, Fantasy|
|Genre||Role-playing video game, life simulation game, visual novel|
|Platform||Windows, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable|
|Written by||Yuki Kure|
|Original run||March 5, 2004 – May 24, 2011|
|Anime television series|
|La Corda d'Oro: Primo Passo|
|Directed by||Kōjin Ochi|
|Network||TV Aichi, TV Hokkaido, TV Osaka, TV Setouchi, TV Tokyo, TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting Co., Ltd.|
|Original run||October 1, 2006 – March 25, 2007|
|Kin'iro no Corda 2|
|Kin'iro no Corda 2: Encore|
|Kin'iro no Corda 2: Forte|
|Anime television series|
|La Corda d'Oro: Secondo Passo|
|Directed by||Kōjin Ochi|
|Original run||March 26, 2009 – June 5, 2009|
|Kin'iro no Corda 2 Forte: Encore|
|Kin'iro no Corda 3|
|Released||February 25, 2010|
La Corda d'Oro (金色のコルダ Kin'iro no Koruda ) is a role-playing game series targeted at a female audience under the Neoromance series from Koei. The title comes from the Italian for The Golden String.
The story was adapted into a manga by the game’s character designer, Yuki Kure, which is serialized in LaLa magazine. An anime adaptation, titled La Corda d'Oro: Primo Passo, was first broadcast by TV Tokyo from October 2006 to March 2007. The anime also premiered on Animax. It was aired across its respective networks worldwide, including Hong Kong and Taiwan, and also translated and dubbed into English for its English language networks in Southeast Asia and South Asia, and other regions. Sentai Filmworks acquired North American rights to the series, has released it in two half-season box sets, and is streaming it online. The first of a 2-episode anime special, entitled La Corda d'Oro: Secondo Passo, was aired by Kids Station on March 26, 2009, but the season ends on a cliffhanger. Secondo Passo was meant strictly to promote the video game.
Kahoko Hino is a student in the General Education section of Seiso Academy. One day she runs into Lili, a musical fairy, who grants her a magical violin and a place in the school's annual musical competition. Kahoko refuses, only to be pressed on by Lili until she accepts the instrument and place in the competition. As she practices, Kahoko is amazed that she can play any musical piece as long as she knows the tune and plays it with her heart. As the competition goes on, she becomes more and more attached to the people she is trying to compete with.
- Kahoko Hino (Hino Kahoko 日野香穂子)
- Hino is the female protagonist of the series. She is a 2nd year student at Seiso Academy and is in the General Education department. She has a warm and friendly personality and is very honest and straightforward, as shown from the way she expresses herself through her violin. She remains oblivious throughout the story to the attention of the males surrounding her. She doesn't know that five handsome male students liked her. She lives with her mother, older sister and older brother, though nobody knows who is her father because there is no evidence. She is also half-hearted. She was given a violin by the fairy Lily for being able to see him. At first she was very nervous about this but soon finds that with the help of the other characters she has found her passion. She also changes the lives of others such as Len Tsukimori when she helped teach him that music is about heart and not just talent, or helping Shimizu Keiichei finding his "sheet music."
- Len Tsukimori (Tsukimori Len 月森 蓮)
- He is a 2nd year student from the Music department. His specialty is the violin, just like Hino. Len always comes to Hino's side every time she gets hurt. Len's world revolves around his violin, even though he reveals that he doesn't like the violin. His mother is a famous pianist, and his father is a violinist, who both think that music should be played from the heart, but Len doesn't agree with his parents on that matter. He likes Hino Kahoko (female protagonist of the story). He came to realize these feelings when Hino showed him that music is full of heart and not just dependent on talent. He told her once that he almost lost the ability to play the violin and the same shouldn't happen to her. He is a bit like a criticizing older brother showing her the ropes of the music world.
- Azuma Yunoki (Yunoki Azuma 柚木 梓馬)
- A 3rd year student who takes in 1st year girls as his loving fans. He tries to act carefully to avoid any bad rumors. His specialty is the flute. He has been best friends with Kazuki and supports him in everything he does. He is in the Music department in Seiso High. But later on in the anime and the manga he reveals a hidden side to Hino that he keeps hidden from everyone else, even his best friend, Kazuki Hihara. He finds that he himself is also attracted to Hino, telling himself that when she's around his "rhythm" is thrown off. He even plays her a song as a way of expressing his feelings without actually telling her.
- Keiichi Shimizu (Shimizu Keiichi 志水 桂一)
- A 1st year student whose specialty is the cello. He has angelic eyes and often sleeps. His world revolves around his cello. He told Hino that his main schedule is "sleeping, waking up, playing the cello, sleeping again." Other than that he goes to the library frequently and goes to concerts as much as he can. He is called "Sleeping Beauty" for his sleepiness and handsome face. He is a close friend with Hino for helping him find his "sheet music" and often tries incorporating anything that can help the sound of the music. He often reveals secrets about himself with Hino that he wouldn't share with others. He told her that when he sees her or somebody else on stage he often wonders why his music sounds so different. When he smiles Hino also mentions he looks like an angel. He first shows her his sheet music inside a catholic church where he played "Bach's cello prelude no. 1"
- Kazuki Hihara (Hihara Kazuki 火原 和樹)
- He is a 3rd year student from the Music department. He is the best friend of Azuma and supports him in everything he does. His specialty is the trumpet. He is energetic, loud and carefree, and he loves to eat anything. He has a brother who Hino meets when they are playing basketball in a park. He first discovered the trumpet when a girl was practicing on the roof of the school and tries it out. He is in love with Hino and realizes this when he fell and scraped his elbow and she came to help him. Hihara also came to her rescue when she forgot the notes to "Gavotte" and is like a younger brother figure.
- Ryotaro Tsuchiura (Tsuchiura Ryōtarō 土浦 梁太郎)
- A 2nd year student from the General Education department. He plays soccer and his specialty is the piano. He always helps Hino, because Hino was the reason he started playing piano again. Ryotaro, like Hino, is very straightforward and honest which he shows through his performance in the last selection. He usually says exactly what he thinks, especially to Hino, which means he can get a bit angry, but he is also loving and caring. He is like her older brother who shows his emotions through his piano, like when he choose a Chopin song to show his frustration with not being able to help Hino. He has a deep rivalry with Len and vice versa. He too has feelings for Hino.
- Fuyuumi Shouko (Fuyuumi Shōko 冬海 笙子)
- Voiced by: Akemi Satō
- She is a 1st year student from the Music department. She's very shy, and she admires Hino very much. Her specialty is the clarinet. She often becomes frightened by loud voices. Her parents are rich, so they usually go to her pensions for training and stuff.
- Nao Kobayashi (Kobayashi Nao 小林 直?) & Mio Takato (高遠 美緒)
- Voiced by: Eri Nakao and Satomi Arai
- They are best friends with Hino. They help her when she is troubled, and they believe in her.
- Lili (Riri リリ?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi
- Lili is a mischievous fairy that gave Hino the magical violin. Very few people can see the fairy other than Hino. It is revealed that the headmaster and the director of the school, Akihiko Kira, can also see the fairy.
- "Section23 releases La Corda d'Oro". Anime News Network. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- "2009年春、スペシャルアニメの放送が決定！" (in Japanese). Aniplex. 2008-12-05. Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- "スペシャルアニメ放送情報発表！" (in Japanese). Aniplex. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- "金色のコルダ – 月森 蓮: Character Page" (in Japanese). Aniplex. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
- "金色のコルダ – 柚木梓馬: Character Page" (in Japanese). Aniplex. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
- "金色のコルダ – 志水桂一: Character Page" (in Japanese). Aniplex. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
- "金色のコルダ – 火原和樹: Character Page" (in Japanese). Aniplex. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
- "金色のコルダ – 土浦梁太郎: Character Page" (in Japanese). Aniplex. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
- Official website (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda: Primo Passo @ TV Tokyo (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda: Primo Passo @ Gamecity.ne.jp (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda (game) @ Gamecity.ne.jp (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda (PSP game) @ Gamecity.ne.jp (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda 2 (PS2 game) @ Gamecity.ne.jp (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda 2 (PSP game) @ Gamecity.ne.jp (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda 3 @ Gamecity.ne.jp (Japanese)
- Kin'iro no Corda (manga) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
- La Corda d'oro: Primo Passo (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia