December 6, 1953 |
New York, New York, U.S.
Kin Shriner (born December 6, 1953) is an American actor, best known for playing Scott Baldwin on both daytime serials General Hospital (1977–1993, 2000–2004, 2007–2008, 2013–) and Port Charles (1997–2000, 2001).
Shriner was born in New York, New York, the twin brother of fellow actor, Wil Shriner. Kin is the elder by six minutes. Their parents were Eileen “Pixie” McDermott and humorist and television host Herb Shriner. While he was in high school, both of Shriner's parents died in a car crash. He and his brother Wil then moved to Texas, where they were raised by their grandmother.
After once working as a door-to-door Fuller Brush salesman, Shriner began to appear on GH as Scotty Baldwin. He has played the role in five decades and said that it has "been a part of his entire adult life.". From 1980 to 1981, Shriner was cast as Jeb Hampton, a friend of the Dekkers', in the early days of the short-lived NBC soap opera Texas.
Shriner joined the cast of As the World Turns as Julia Larrabee (Sarah Brown)'s brother Keith Morrissey from February 2005 to January 2006. His role drew favorable reviews, though his character wasn't well received by many fans of the show as he broke up popular couple Holden (Jon Hensley) and Lily Snyder (Martha Byrne). Shriner called the ATWT role "the most fun I've had in a long time."
In February 2011, it was announced that Shriner would fill in for the temporarily unavailable Ted Shackleford as Jeffrey Bardwell on The Young and the Restless. His run as the character aired from April 20 to September 16, 2011.
On February 19, 2013, Kin Shriner reprises the role of Scott Baldwin on General Hospital, a few days after his ex-wife Laura Spencer, played by Genie Francis, returns to Port Charles. He had last been seen in 2008 when he and Laura boarded a plane for Paris.
- As the World Turns: Keith Morrissey (2005–2006)
- The Young and the Restless: Harrison Bartlett (2004), Jeffrey Bardwell (2011)
- Justice League Unlimited: Green Arrow/Oliver Queen (2003–2006)
- Port Charles: Scott "Scotty" Baldwin (1997–2000, 2001)
- The Bold and the Beautiful: Brian Carey (1995–1996)
- Rituals: Mike Gallagher (1984–1985)
- Texas: Jeb Hampton (1980–1981)
- General Hospital: Scott/Scotty Baldwin #6 (1977–1980, 1981–1983, 1987–1993, 1998, 2000–2004, 2007–2008, 2013-)
- ABC Soaps, March 27, 2007, p. 63
- "Great Scott!". Soap Opera Weekly. 2007-02-27. pp. 24–25.