Cyneberht of Lindsey
|Bishop of Lindsey|
|See||Diocese of Lindsey|
Cyneberht (or Embercus or Kinebertus) was a medieval Bishop of Lindsey.
He was consecrated between 716 and 731. He died in 731. His death is recorded in the second continuation of the medieval chronicler Bede's Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum under the year 732. He was also one of the informants for Bede's historical works, mainly for information about his diocese. Bede recorded Cyneberht's information as coming from "the most reverent Bishop Cyneberht".
- Fryde, et. al. Handbook of British Chronology p. 219
- Higham (Re-)reading Bede p. 64
- Higham (Re-)reading Bede p. 79
- Quoted in Higham (Re-)reading Bede p. 79
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1996). Handbook of British Chronology (Third revised ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Higham, N. J. (2006). (Re-)reading Bede: The Ecclesiastical History in Context. New York: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-35368-8.
|Bishop of Lindsey
|This article about a United Kingdom bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|