Kinetic Traction Systems
|Headquarters||Chatsworth, California, United States|
Kinetic Traction Systems is a business founded in November 2010, producing energy storage systems for electric railways.
Kinetic Traction Systems' main product uses flywheel energy storage technology developed by Pentadyne Power Corp; staff from Pentadyne joined Kinetic. The 36000 RPM flyweels are originally based on uranium centrifuge technology developed by Urenco
KTS' rail-side device uses a brushless DC motor/generator to spin up the flywheel to store electrical energy (for instance, from regenerative braking on trains) as kinetic energy; later to be converted back to electrical energy on demand.
- "Kinetic Traction Systems Inc – CleanTechnica: Cleantech innovation news and views". Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- "Pentadyne Flywheels Still Turning at New Company". San Fernando Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- "Interview with Kinetic Traction Systems". socalTECH.com. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- "Kinetic Traction Systems’ Trackside Flywheel Energy Storage". Green Big Truck. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- "Green Car Congress: Kinetic Traction Systems launches with trackside flywheel energy storage technology for rail". Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- "Railway Gazette: Flywheel firm launches". Retrieved 2011-02-13.