The King's Buildings is a campus of the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, and contains most of the schools within the College of Science and Engineering, excepting only part of the School of Informatics and the School of Geosciences, which are located at the central George Square campus. The campus lies between West Mains Road and Mayfield Road, about 2 miles south of George Square.
Buildings at KB
- Alexander Graham Bell Building
- Alrick Building
- Ann Walker Building
- Ashworth Laboratories
- British Geological Survey
- Centre for Science at Extreme Conditions
- Chemistry Library
- Computing Services
- Crew Building
- Daniel Rutherford Building
- Darwin Building Teaching Organisation
- Engineering Lecture Theatre
- Fleeming Jenkin Building
- Grant Institute
- Hudson Beare Building
- James Clerk Maxwell Building
- John Muir Building
- John Murray Labs
- Joseph Black Building
- Kenneth Denbigh Building
- King's Buildings Centre
- King's Buildings House
- March Building
- Michael Swann Building
- Noreen and Kenneth Murray Library
- Ogston Building
- Peter Wilson Building
- Robertson Engineering & Science Library
- Roger Land Building
- Sanderson Building
- Scottish Microelectronics Centre
- Structures Lab
- Student Accommodation
- Waddington Building
- Weir Building
- William Dudgeon Labs
- William Rankine Building
- King's Buildings House, also known as KB House, is the student union at King's Buildings, run by Edinburgh University Students' Association (EUSA). The Mayfield Bar and Blackford Lounge serve hot food and drinks on the ground floor, along with the KB House Shop and a games room. A full servery, Pi in the Sky, can be found upstairs, serving a wider variety of hot food. The union is also home to The Advice Place student advisory service and KB Gym, which includes two badminton and two squash courts.
- KB Centre Shop is another EUSA run shop, located in the KB Centre. The store stocks convenience products, alongside hot drinks, made-to-order sandwiches and hot food to takeaway.
- The Magnet Café in the James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB), run by EUSA.
- KB Café in the Noreen and Kenneth Murray Library, run by the University.
- Upstairs Café in the Swann Building, run by the University.
- Darwin Café in the Darwin Building, run by the University.
- The Eng Inn in the Hudson Beare Building, run by the University.
Kings Buildings 5 Mile Road Race
The 'KB' 5 Road Race is organised every year by the Edinburgh University Hare and Hounds Running Club. It is usually held in late February or early March. The race starts and finishes inside the Kings Buildings campus. The course consists of a 5 mile road loop around the leafy streets of south Edinburgh, with quite a few hills, though none of them steep. The race is popular amongst students and local club runners and usually attracts around 250 participants.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to King's Buildings.|
- University of Edinburgh website
- University of Edinburgh - King's Buildings campus map
- Kings Buildings 5 Mile Road Race
- "The King's Buildings". University of Edinburgh College of Science and Engineering. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "King's Buildings Bars and Cafes". Edinburgh University Students' Association. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Our Shops". Edinburgh University Students' Association. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "The King's Buildings". University of Edinburgh. Retrieved 12 May 2014.