From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Godzilla film series character|
Thousand Year-Old Dragon,
The Dragon King
King of Terror
|First appearance||Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)|
|Latest appearance||Godzilla 2 (2018)|
|Created by||Eiji Tsuburaya|
King Ghidorah (キングギドラ Kingu Gidora?) is a kaiju, a type of fictional monster, who first appeared in the 1964 Toho film Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. It appears as an armless, three-headed dragon with large wings and two tails.
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964) - The original version of the monster is an alien who travels to Earth in a magnetic meteorite, and devastates Japan until repelled by monsters Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra.
- Invasion of the Astro-Monster (1965)
- Destroy All Monsters (1968)
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)
- Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) - The creature is portrayed as an "ancient guardian monster" summoned to unite with two other guardian monsters (Baragon and Mothra) to defeat Godzilla.
- Rebirth of Mothra (1996) - "Desghidorah" (or Death Ghidorah) appeared as a black, quadrupedal, three-headed extraterrestrial dragon.
- Rebirth of Mothra III (1998) - "Super Dragon King Ghidorah", appears in a more traditional form.
- Godzilla: Final Wars (2004) - A creature called "Monster X" appears and transforms into a quadrupedal monster called "Keizer Ghidorah".
- Godzilla 2 (2018) - Legendary Pictures and Gareth Edwards, director of Godzilla, confirmed that the rights to King Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan from the Toho Studios films have been acquired, and that the characters may appear in "future franchise installments".
- Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (NES - 1988)
- Godzilla / Godzilla-Kun: Kaijuu Daikessen (Game Boy - 1990)
- Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters (NES - 1991)
- Battle Soccer: Field no Hasha (SNES - 1992)
- Super Godzilla (SNES - 1993)
- Kaijū-ō Godzilla / King of the Monsters, Godzilla (Game Boy - 1993)
- Godzilla: Battle Legends (Turbo Duo - 1993)
- Godzilla: Monster War / Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (Super Famicom - 1994)
- Godzilla Giant Monster March (Game Gear - 1995)
- Godzilla Trading Battle (PlayStation - 1998)
- Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact (Dreamcast - 1999)
- Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (GCN, Xbox - 2002/2003)
- Godzilla: Domination! (GBA - 2002)
- Godzilla: Save the Earth (Xbox, PS2 - 2004)
- Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii - 2007)
- Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash (NDS - 2007)
- Godzilla: Unleashed (PS2 - 2007)
- Godzilla: Rulers of Earth (2013)
- Take Me To Your Leader is the second studio album by American hip hop artist Daniel Dumile (also known as MF DOOM) and was released under the alias "King Geedorah" on June 17, 2003. The cover features a figure very similar to the appearance of King Ghidorah.
- Rebirth of Mothra III Toho 1998
- "King Ghidorah Official Trademark". Toho. Retrieved September 12, 2014.
- "North American poster for GHIDRAH". Continental Releasing-1965. Retrieved September 12, 2014.
- "Ghidorah Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Toho. Retrieved September 12, 2014.
- Jeffries, Adrianne (July 26, 2014). "Gareth Edwards returns to direct 'Godzilla 2' with Rodan and Mothra". The Verge. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Sullivan, Kevin P. (2014-08-14). "‘Godzilla 2′ Gets Release Date: ‘Let Them Wait’". MTV.
- "King Geedorah "Take Me To Your Leader"". HipHop-Elements.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.