King Midas In Reverse
|"King Midas In Reverse"|
US Picture Sleeve
|Single by The Hollies|
|B-side||UK: "Everything Is Sunshine"
US: "Water On the Brain"
|Released||UK: 22 September 1967|
|Recorded||3 & 4 August 1967
Abbey Road Studios
|Label||UK: Parlophone R5637
US: Epic 10234
|The Hollies singles chronology|
King Midas In Reverse is a song by British pop group The Hollies written solely by Graham Nash but credited to Clarke, Nash and Hicks for publishing. It was released by The Hollies as single in September 1967 in anticipation of their album Butterfly. It was released in the UK on the Parlophone label (R5637) and in the US on the Epic label (10234). While a critical success, the song was a commercial failure by the Hollies' standards prompting them to write and record the more commercial song "Jennifer Eccles" for their next single.
|Germany (Media Control AG)||31|
|Netherlands (Dutch Singles Chart)||16|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||18|
|US Billboard Hot 100||51|
- DCL Locomotive, a spinoff of the post-punk band The Cravats, released their version of the song as a 12" single in 1984.
- The Posies covered the song in 1995 for the tribute album Sing Hollies in Reverse.
- The 30th Anniversary Collection (CD). EMI Records. 1993. D 202205.
- "Go-Set Australian Charts –22 November 1967". Pop Archives. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Archive Chart" UK Singles Chart.
- "The Hollies Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for The Hollies.
- "DCL Locomotive – King Midas In Reverse". discogs.com. Retrieved 16 May 2013.