King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown
|King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown|
|Studio album by Augustus Pablo|
|Label||Yard International/Clocktower Records|
|Augustus Pablo chronology|
King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown audio sample
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown is a dub album by Augustus Pablo and King Tubby, released in 1976. It features Carlton Barrett on drums, Robbie Shakespeare and Aston Barrett on bass guitar, and Earl "Chinna" Smith on guitar. Pablo produced the album and played melodica, piano, organ and clavinet. The album was recorded at Randy's in Kingston, Jamaica. A distinctly different mix of the title song with vocals and dub, titled "Baby I Love You So", can be found on the Jacob Miller and Augustus Pablo 1975 album, Who Say Jah No Dread.
The album has been released on several different labels, often with slightly different artworks and track lists.
The title song was released as a 45 rpm single in 1974 on the Mango label (MS-2001), with Baby I Love You So as the b-side.
The album was listed in the 1999 book The Rough Guide: Reggae: 100 Essential CDs.
LP track listing
Track listing taken from Clocktower Records LP CT0085.
- Side one
- "Keep On Dubbing"
- "Stop Them Jah"
- "Young Generation Dub"
- "Each One Dub"
- "555 Dub Street"
- Side two
- "Braces Tower Dub"
- "King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown"
- "Corner Crew Dub"
- "Say So"
- "Skanking Dub"
- "Frozen Dub"
- "Satta Dub" (Unlisted)
- 2003 Deluxe edition bonus tracks
- "Black Gunn"
- "1 Ruthland Close"
- "1-2-3 Version"
- "Silent Satta"
- Augustus Pablo – melodica, piano, clavinet, organ, producer
- Robbie Shakespeare – bass guitar
- Aston Barrett – bass guitar
- Leroy Sibbles – Bass
- Carlton Barrett – drums
- Earl "Chinna" Smith – guitar
- Richard "Dirty Harry" Hall – saxophone
- Bobby Ellis – trumpet
- Vincent "Don D Junior" Gordon – trombone
- Allmusic review
- http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6591045/a/King+Tubby+Meets+Rockers+Uptown.htm King Tubby product notes at CDuniverse.com
- Barrow, Steve & Dalton, Peter (1999) Reggae: 100 Essential CDs, Rough Guides, ISBN 1-85828-567-4