Kingdom of Israel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Kingdom of Israel may refer to the historical kingdoms and historical puppet-kingdoms of Israel, including:
- Kingdom of Israel (united monarchy) (1020–931 BCE), the kingdom established by the Israelites and uniting them under a single king
- Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) (931–722 BCE), the kingdom of northern Israelites
- Kingdom of Judah (931–586 BCE), kingdom of southern Israelites
- Hasmonean Kingdom (140-37 BCE), kingdom ruled by the Hasmoneans or "Maccabees", primarily known as Judea (or cognates) but also named Israel in the First Book of Maccabees
- Herodian Kingdom, kingdom ruled by Herod the Great and his heirs (37 BCE - 44 CE), primarily known as Judea (or cognates) but also called Israel in the Gospels and Book of Acts.
The term may also refer to:
- Kingdom of Israel (group), Israeli political movement
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.