Kingdom of Israel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Kingdom of Israel (disambiguation))
The Kingdom of Israel may refer to the historical kingdoms and historical puppet-kingdoms of Israel, including:
- Kingdom of Israel (united monarchy) (1050–931 BCE), the kingdom established by the Israelites and uniting them under a single king
- Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) (931–722 BCE), the kingdom of northern Israel
- Kingdom of Judah (931–586 BCE), kingdom of southern Israel
- Hasmonean Kingdom (140-37 BCE), kingdom ruled by the Hasmoneans or "Maccabees", primarily known as Judea (or cognates) but also named Israel in the First Book of Maccabees
- Herodian Kingdom, client kingdom ruled by Herod the Great (37-4 BCE), and to varying degrees by his heirs (the last Agrippa II lived to c.100 CE), primarily known as Roman Judea (or cognates) but also called Israel in the Gospels and Book of Acts.
The term may also refer to:
- Kingdom of Israel (group), Israeli political movement
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Kingdom of Israel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.