The Kingsford Smith PL.7 was an Australian agricultural aircraft designed and built in the 1950s by Kingsford Smith Aviation Service.
Design and development
The PL.7 was basically a welded steel tank for the pilot and chemical hopper, on the front was mounted a 400 hp (298 kW) Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah X radial engine. It was an unequal span biplane with a tail unit supported by twin booms from the upper wings and a fixed tricycle landing gear.
Data from Flight
- Crew: 1
- Length: 24 ft 6 in (7.47 m)
- Wingspan: 40 ft 10 in (12.2 m)
- Height: 12 ft 0 in (3.66 m)
- Wing area: 405 ft2 (37.6 m2)
- Gross weight: 5000 lb (2268 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah X radial piston engine, 400 hp (298 kW)
- Cruise speed: 112 mph (180 km/h)