Location and access
The area is borderd by the M50 motorway to the NE, Katherine Tynan Road to the SE, the Belgard Road to the SW and the N7 to the NW. Traditionally considered to be part of the hinterland of Clondalkin Village yet lying inside of the historical Parish of Tallaght, the area is now divided by the Ballymount Road, with roughly two thirds in Tallaght (Dublin 24), and the remainder, west of the road, in Clondalkin (Dublin 22), and therefore served by different Garda Stations. It has a population of approximately 1,600.
In the middle of Kingswood there is a square of buildings. These are: A launderette, a betting shop, a fast-food takeaway, a salon, a pharmacy, a convenience store, a public house and acommunity centre. The old centre now serves as a hip hop dance club and a karate club. Next to it, there is the Newer Community Centre. It hosts protests, sport matches and exercise clubs, and it once featured a weekly, now defunct, disco.The Scout den beside the community center houses 158th Castleview Scout Group. The Roman Catholic parish church is shared with Kilnamanagh.
- St Kilian's Junior School was founded in 1979 by Mark Molamphy and Kathleen Carroll. The principal is Kate Sweeney.
- St Kilian's Senior School was founded in 1986. The principal is by Orla Higgins.
- Kingswood Castle FC are a local soccer club founded in 2013 & play their home matches in Ballymount park.
- Kingswood F.C. are a local soccer club that was founded in 1988.
- St Killians GAA Club merged with St. Kevins GAA Club in Kilnamanagh in 1998, as both clubs sought to compete with the larger superclubs that predominate in the Tallaght/Templeogue area.
|Preceding station||Luas||Following station|
|Red Cow||Red Line||Belgard|
- Handcock's History and Antiquities of Tallaght, Second Edition, 1889
- Link to aerial view of Kingswood (select link for Kingswood Shopping Centre Car Park and use zoom feature for wider views)
- Parliamentary debate on St. Killian's junior and senior schools
- Askaboutireland.ie web page on Katherine Tynan's Kingswood home