Kinkaid Township, Jackson County, Illinois
The Cleiman Mound, a Middle Woodland period Indian mound along Illinois Route 3
Location in Jackson County
Jackson County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.33 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.58 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.75 sq mi (1.9 km2) 2.06%|
|Elevation||594 ft (181 m)|
|• Density||13.7/sq mi (5.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62280, 62907, 62950|
|GNIS feature ID||0429211|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.33 square miles (94.1 km2), of which 35.58 square miles (92.2 km2) (or 97.94%) is land and 0.75 square miles (1.9 km2) (or 2.06%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Bradley Township (north)
- Ora Township (northeast)
- Levan Township (east)
- Sand Ridge Township (southeast)
- Fountain Bluff Township (south)
- Degognia Township (west)
The township contains these Eight cemeteries: Bower, Glenn, Jones, Lee, McBride, McCormick, Talbott and Wilson.
- Trico Community Unit School District 176
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 115
- State Senate District 58
- "Kinkaid Township, Jackson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.