From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kinneret or Kineret may refer to:
Kinneret (double "n"):
- Lake Kinneret (Sea of Galilee), Israel's largest freshwater lake
- Moshavat Kinneret, village (moshava) southwest of the Sea of Galilee
- Kvutzat Kinneret, kibbutz southwest of the Sea of Galilee
- Kinneret College, college south of the Sea of Galilee
- Kinnereth or Chinnereth, settlement in ancient times on the northwestern coast of the Sea of Galilee (ICS Coordinates: 200805-1252830; ca. 32.87000 N, 35.539312 E  ), in Arabic Khirbet El-Ureima or Kh. el-'Oreimeh, in Hebrew Tell Kinrot. Fortified city  of the tribe of Naphtali: Joshua 19:35. It guarded the northern end of the Plain of Ginosar. In biblical times it gave its name to the Sea of Galilee: Numbers 34:11, Deuteronomy 3:17, Joshua 11:2, 12:3.
- Kinneret (song), an Israeli song based on a poem by the Israeli poet Rachel (poet)
Kineret (single "n"):
- Kineret, brand of anakinra, a drug used to treat rheumatoid arthritis
- Geographic Reference Database
- Aharoni, Yochanan. The Land of the Bible, A Historical Geography. The Westminster Press, Philadelphia, 1979, p. 433.
- admudanan.co.il (in Hebrew)
- The World Coordinate Converter
- Dr. Fruchtenbaum, Arnold. A Study Guide of Israel, Historical & Geographical. Ariel Ministries, Tustin, CA, 1999, p. 177.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Kinneret.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.