Kintetsu 23000 series
|Kintetsu 23000 series|
Kintetsu 23000 series, November 2008
|Family name||Ise-Shima Liner|
|Number built||36 vehicles (6 sets)|
|Number in service||36 vehicles (6 sets)|
|Formation||6 cars per trainset|
|Car body construction||Steel|
|Train length||124.4 m (408 ft)|
|Car length||20,820 mm (68 ft 4 in) (end cars)
20,520 mm (67 ft 4 in) (intermediate cars)
|Width||2,800 mm (9 ft 2 in)|
|Doors||Plug doors (1 per side)|
|Maximum speed||130 km/h (80 mph)|
|Weight||244 t (240 long tons; 269 short tons)|
|Traction system||Variable-frequency drive|
|Power output||3,200 kW|
|Acceleration||2.5 km/(h·s) (0 mph/s)|
|Deceleration||4.0 km/(h·s) (0 mph/s)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC overhead line|
|Current collection method||Scissors-type pantographs|
|Braking system(s)||Electronically controlled pneumatic brakes|
|Safety system(s)||Kintetsu ATS (old/new)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Cars 2 and 5 are each fitted with two scissors-type pantographs.
Cars 1 to 4 have regular 2+2 abreast unidirectional seating. Car 5 is designated a "Salon Car", and has fixed facing seating bays with tables arranged 2+1 abreast. Car 6 is designated a "Deluxe Car", and has 2+1 abreast unidirectional seating.
The trainsets are scheduled to undergo refurbishment between summer 2012 and July 2013, with new interiors and external repainting in red or yellow liveries. The first refurbished set returned to service from 4 August 2012, with the last set completed by July 2013.
|Set No.||Colour||Date refurbished|
|23101||Red||June 2013 (scheduled)|
|23102||Yellow||December 2012 (scheduled)|
|23103||Red||4 August 2012|
|23105||Red||July 2013 (scheduled)|
|23106||Yellow||February 2013 (scheduled)|
- Magata, Hiroyasu (October 2012). "近鉄23000系リニューアル車" [Kintetsu refurbished 23000 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (Japan: Kōyūsha Co., Ltd.) 52 (618): p.50–55.
- 私鉄車両年鑑2012 [Japan Private Railways Annual 2012]. Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. February 2012. p. 50. ISBN 978-4-86320-549-9.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2011 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2011]. Japan: JRR. July 2011. p. 119. ISBN 978-4-330-22711-5.
- Magata, Hiroyasu (October 2012). "近鉄23000系リニュアル車" [Refurbished Kintetsu 23000 series EMU]. Japan Railfan Magazine (Japan: Kōyūsha Co., Ltd.) 52 (618): p.50–55.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kintetsu 23000 series.|
- Kintetsu Ise-Shima Liner (Japanese)