Kiona-Benton City School District
The Kiona-Benton City School District is a public school district in Benton County, Washington.
The Ki-Be School District, as it is informally known, includes three schools
KiBe Elementary School
- mascot-Teddy Bears
KiBe Middle School
- colors-orange and black, orange and blue
KiBe High School 1A School
- colors- Blue and White.
- accent-red (although silver was commonly used. Since approximately 2009 black has also been used.)
- publications- The Bear (the school's annual yearbook)
The schools offers a variety of sports:
Sports for Elementary School
Sports for Middle School
- Cross Country (joined with high school)
Sports for High School
- Track and Field
The school district is currently working on building up respectable programs for Band, Choir, and Drama. As of 2009-2010, KBSD offers Band for 5th grade-8th grade, and Choir for 7th and 8th grade at the Middle School. At the High School, the offerings expand. KBHS currently has one Band, 3 Choirs (Mixed Choir known as "The Ursa Major Chorus", Treble Choir, an a cappella group known as "The Royales"), and Drama classes. The Drama club also offers students the opportunity to perform in full production plays.
The high school clubs:
- Teen Read Club
- Art Club
- Science Bowl
- Buddy Club
- Knowledge Bowl
Throughout the year the students enjoy "Breaking-down-the-walls," an activity in which students get to know their schoolmates. In Fall the teenagers' favorite events are Homecoming, the Veterans Day Assembly, Spirit Week and Halloween. Winter activities include Christmas. Spring activities are Prom, Senior Skip-day (the last day of school for seniors) and Spring Break. Camp Wooten is highly enjoyed and eagerly waited for by the 6th graders.
- School District official site
- Kiona-Benton High School Alumni Site
- Ki-Be.com Web Email Account Login
- Elementary age soccer site
- Unofficial KiBe high school wrestling site
|This Washington (state) school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|