Kira Kener at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo 2002 in Las Vegas
August 11, 1974
San Jose, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
|No. of adult films||77 (per IAFD)|
Kira Nicole Kener (born Stephanie Knain on August 11, 1974) is an American former pornographic actress. She has legally changed her name to Kira Kener and registered it as a trademark.
As with many hardcore porn stars, Kener began her career in the adult industry as a feature dancer before being approached by Vivid Video in 1999 for her hardcore debut in the film Nurses. She was Penthouse Pet of the Month for December 2002 and also shared the cover of Playboy in March 2002 with several other adult-film stars. She was a contributing writer to the book How to Have a XXX Sex Life: The Ultimate Vivid Guide, published in 2004. She is also one of thirty porn-stars featured in Timothy Greenfield-Sanders's book, XXX: 30 Porn-Star Portraits. In February 2007, Digital Playground released the DVD Virtual Sex With Kira Kener and is the only hardcore release in which the male subject does not wear a condom while having intercourse with Kener.
In 2005 Kener filed a lawsuit against Vivid Video for wrongful termination, breach of website agreement and federal trademark dilution. The lawsuit included allegations of unsanitary health conditions on a Vivid Video set and Vivid Video's disregard for the health and safety of the performers in its films. According to the lawsuit, Kener was infected with a sexually transmitted disease after using a sex toy in February 2004. The suit was settled in April 2007; terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
Kener states that her parents are very supportive of her career and that her brother handles the online shipping of her films.
Awards and nominations
|2001||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Couples Sex Scene - Film (with Erik Everhard)||Facade|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Film (with April, Inari Vachs, Vince Vouyer & Bobby Vitale)|
- Gerrie Lim (1 May 2006). In Lust We Trust: Adventures in Adult Cinema. Monsoon Books. p. 1996. ISBN 978-981-4358-12-5.
- "Porn Star Pleased To Have Sex Toy Case Behind Her". CBS News. 2007-04-24. Archived from the original on 2007-04-27. Retrieved 2007-04-25.
- Biography on kirakenerlive.com
- "Kira Kener's Biography". Retrieved 2007-08-25.
- Lim, Gerrie (2006). In Lust We Trust: Adventures in Adult Cinema. Monsoon Books. p. 1989. ISBN 978-981-05-5302-9.
- Gabriel Alvarez (2011-09-19). "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time". Complex. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- Jon Ibrahim (2007-06-20). "Porn is just her job, not her identity". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- "2001 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2001-03-09. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kira Kener.|
- Kira Kener on Myspace
- "Porn star happy to have sex toy case behind her." April 24, 2007
- Kira Kener at the Internet Movie Database
- Kira Kener at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Kira Kener at the Adult Film Database
- Kira Kener Online FanClub