October 8, 1976 |
Evanston, Wyoming, United States
|Alma mater||University of Utah|
|Occupation||Actor, musician, singer-songwriter, comedian|
Kirby Heyborne (born October 8, 1976) is an American actor, musician, singer-songwriter, narrator and comedian known for his work in Lazy Muncie and LDS films.
Early life and education
Heyborne graduated from Alta High School in 1995 where he was student body president. He served a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in the Dominican Republic. He later graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in Economics.
Kirby is both an actor and a musician. He has released several CDs on which he sings and plays the guitar. However, Heyborne first became widely popular in Mormon culture after starring in the film The R.M. (2003). His first appearance in a non-LDS film was as "Teddy" in The Three Stooges (2012).
Kirby is also an accomplished narrator, and has provided voice work for many novels, short stories, and non-fiction titles.
Kirby generated some controversy in the Mormon world in 2008 after deciding to appear in a Miller Lite beer commercial. Kirby stated that the opportunity was an answer to prayer, and a way to feed his family. He was later denied the chance to play at BYU, where he had often played in the past, due to his involvement with the commercial. He also had appeared in a Best Buy Commercial in late-summer 2013, promoting sales for Verizon phones for an upcoming back-to-school sale. His commercial aired during the CBS primetime lineup on August 26, 2013.
- Social Suicide (2001) - Tuff Christopherson
- The Singles Ward (2002) - Dalen Martin
- The R.M. (2003) - Jared Phelps
- The Work and the Story (2003) - Ephraim Thomas
- Saints and Soldiers (2003) - Flight Sergeant Oberon Winley
- The Book of Mormon Movie, Vol. 1: The Journey (2003) - Sam
- The Best Two Years (2003) - Elder Hezekiah Calhoun
- Everwood (2003) - Mr. Perkins
- Hoops (2004) - Ethan
- Sons of Provo (2004) - Kirby Laybourne
- The Last Chapter (2004) - Jonathan
- Pirates of the Great Salt Lake (2006) - Kirk Redgrave/Nose Beard
- Lazy Muncie (2006) - Himself
- Free Ride (2006) - Dylan Hudney
- Take a Chance (2006) - Eugene Buddles
- Praise to the Man (2006) - Oliver Cowdery
- Together Again for the First Time (film) (2008) - Roger Wolders
- The Singles 2nd Ward (2007) - Dalen Martin
- Scout Camp (2009) - Kerry
- Midway to Heaven (2011) - David
- The Three Stooges (2012) - Teddy
- Sorry (2013)
- Inside - (2005)
- Braver Days ( May 2006)
- Merry White Tree in the Night (Oct 2006)
- The RM Soundtrack - "If You Could Hie to Kolob"
- Sons of Provo Soundtrack
- The Elm Tree - Released March 31, 2009
- Gone Girl: A Novel, by Gillian Flynn - Reader