|Born||Mumbai, India25 October 1967|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Filmmaker, animator, Ad-Film Director|
Kireet Khurana (Born 25 October 1967, Mumbai, India) is an Indian filmmaker, animator and ad-film director. He is the founder and creative head of the production house Climb Media and its animation-wing 2nz Animation Company.
Kireet has won more than 30 awards, including 5 prestigious President's National awards for his short films. He has made over 12 short films and 400+ ad films. He is also the director of India's first live-action and 3D animation combined film "Toonpur Ka Superhero" starring Ajay Devgan and Kajol. He won his first President's National Award in 1995 for the animation film "Mahagiri".
Born in 1967, Kireet grew up in a creative environment. His exposure to animation films started from age 6 as his father – Bhimsain, an animation pioneer in India, nurtured and encouraged his creative leanings. Kireet attended the Jamnabai Narsee School and later completed a BA with a major in economics from Mumbai University. Soon thereafter, he went on to graduate in 1994 from Sheridan College, Canada with a high honour in animation filmmaking.
- First Indo-Canadian animation Co-Production with the National Film Board of Canada and UNICEF International
- National Award – Best Animation Film Direction – 1998.
- Two President's National award for Best Animation Film Direction and Animation in 1995.
- Certificate of Merit at the Mumbai Int'l Film Festival in 1996.
- 2 National awards (Best Animation Film- Direction and Animation) in 1996
- Silver Ebensee Award, Festival Der Nationen, Austria (1995).
- Seagate Technical Award for Excellence" in 2004 for Best Animated Series, Chhota Birbal also happens to be the first Indian Animation character to be licensed.
Shaadi Ka Laddoo
- Shaadi Ka Laddoo" created history using animation-live action technique for a song in the film for the 1st time in Bollywood.
- This song won the "Seagate Technical Excellence Award" for best VFX in feature in 2005.
- Nominated in the prestigious Screen Awards in 2005 in the Best VFX category.
- A short film about Paedophilia, this film was funded by International bodies like UNIFEM and Save the Children India.
- Won the best public service message film award at the Seagate Technical Excellence Awards, 2006.
- Official selection at the Bimini Festival .
- Toonpur Ka Superrhero (2010)
- Adventures of Chhota Birbal (2002) TV series
- Trade (1997)
- Mahagiri (1994)
- Detective Naani (2009) (animation director)
- Hum Tum (2004) (animation voice director)
- Shaadi Ka Laddoo (2004) (animation director)
- Locked (1997) (animator)
- Lok Gatha (1992) TV series (animation director) (1992)
- Toonpur Ka Superrhero (2010) (screenplay)
- Adventures of Chhota Birbal (2002) TV series (creator)
- Trade (1997) (story)
- Kathni Karni Ek Si (1989) (assistant production manager)
- Chhoti Badi Baatein (1986) TV series (assistant production manager) (1986)
- Adventures of Chhota Birbal (2002) TV series (producer)
- Dooriyaan (1979) .... Moju
- Kireet has been a key delegate speaker at several industry events including: FMX06  (Germany), NASSCOM, Dartmouth Univ. (Vermont, USA), British Council, Max Mueller, IIFC, CMIA, AniGraph (Indian Chapter of Siggraph), CeC & CaC.
- Kireet is also the Animation Editor and Columnist for Studio Systems and has also written several published articles for Annecy and Zagreb Film Festivals, Croatia, AWN.com and VFXWorld.com.
- Distinguished Film Maker Kireet Khurana joins "Frameboxx Animation and Visual effects College" as Chief Creative Officer(CCO).
- "Team Climb". Climb Media. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Awards". Climb Media. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Interview: Kireet Khurana". India Today. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Toonpur is a very hectic place to live in". Indian Express. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "National Film Awards, India 1995". IMDb. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Trade". National Film Board Canada. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "National Film Awards, India 1998". IMDb. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Mahagiri". Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "Adventures of Chhota Birbal on Cartoon Network from October 4". AFAQs. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "Awards and Recognitions". 2nz. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Metaphor Studios wins award for Sand Castle". AnimationXpress. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "Adventures of Chhota Birbal on Cartoon Network from October 4". afaqs!. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Full cast and crew for Detective Naani". IMDb. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "All set for some Toon fun". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Representatives from all over the world at fmx/06!". FMX. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Speaker Profile: Kireet". Nasscom. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Kireet Khurana Showreel". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Animation professionals call for international collaboration". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Anigraph 2004 opens Thursday". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "he Third Dimension by Kireet Khurana". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "According to Kireet Khurana of 2nz Animation Co., animated features do well due to their novelty and unique target audience in". Retrieved 15 April 2012.