Kirill (sometimes Kyril or Kyrill) Rodin is a Russian cellist and professor of cello. Rodin performs as a soloist in the Moscow State Philharmonic and is the cellist of the Tchaikovsky String Quartet (commonly referred to as the Tchaikovsky Quartet or Tchaikovsky Quartette.) He has also performed as a member of the Brahms Trio with the pianist Natalia Rubinstein and violinist Nikolai Sachenko.
Rodin was born in Moscow in 1963. He began his cello studies at the age of seven in the class of Vera Birina the Gnessin Special Music School in Moscow. He continued his studies with Natalia Shakhovskaya at the Moscow Conservatory. He won the International Jeunesses Musicales Competition in Belgrade in 1984 and was Gold medal winner at the Eighth (VIII) Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow in 1986.
Rodin tours actively in Russia and abroad.
Rodin has served as a jury member in many international cello competitions.
Rodin's recordings include music of Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Haydn, Grieg, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, Shostakovitch, Khrennikov, Myaskovsky and Piazolla. He has also recorded modern Chinese music.
- "Participants - International Rostropovich Festival Б─°Mstislav Rostropovich WeekБ─²". En.rostropovichfestival.ru. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "International Music Festival Český Krumlov - Rodin". Festivalkrumlov.cz. 2012-08-18. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Rodin Kirill". Musicalta.com. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Tchaikovsky State String Quartet". Atcs.euro.ru. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "kirill rodin". www.cellist.nl. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2012-09-22.